Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can anyone understand share values…..NEW HOME CONTENT
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

Hi guys can any tell me ( looking at share prices etc ) how persimmon homes are fairing at the moment?? I don’t really understand it tbh.

I’m gonna go make an offer at one of their sites tomorrow.

Cheers v much

tomhoward

What’s the company share price got to do with you buying a house?

itsmygame
    Free Member

Lol not a lot but it may ( just may ) have a little bearing on how eager they are to negotiate.

AlasdairMc

It will? I thought their cash position would be more important than their notional value?

johndoh
    Free Member

And you think the person listening to your offer has any more idea about Share values than you do?

johndoh
    Free Member

Btw, last time I saw, Persimmon were doing pretty okay anyway.

honeybadgerx

It’ll have beggar all influence.

Is the plot you’re after completed, part-built or not at all? How many plots on the site have been sold already?

Also, if you ever fancy doing anything with the garden, as them what the topsoil and subsoil make-up is and if there was a requirement for clean capping and capillary break layers (only prudent if it was a brownfield site previously).

Have a look at similar homes and sites nearby from Barratt, Taylor Wimpey, etc. then you can bring it up when negotiating.

pebblebeach
    Free Member

Lol not a lot but it may ( just may ) have a little bearing on how eager they are to negotiate.

You’re buying a house, not negotiating a take over bid on the company. If you quote company share prices to the sales person they will think you’re an idiot, and bearing in mind you don’t know how to check the trading activity of a company then you may well look very stupid.

Its January, they quite possibly won’t have sold many houses, the sales person has targets to meet.

mudshark
    Free Member

Well you’re thinking outside of the box I suppose!

itsmygame
    Free Member

Thx mudshark lol

Wasn’t going to recite company information back to them but it is good to see a typical stw reply. I was interested ’twas all. I don’t really understand it like I said and was hoping for a quick and simple explanation. Perhaps I should have been clearer with my op I do ever so apologise for misleading you all I hope we can draw a line under this and move swiftly on.

🙄

itsmygame
    Free Member

Actually pb ur last comment is quite helpful re it jan. 😉

jamesy01
    Free Member

If your gonna haggle wait till the end of the month when sales targets become king.

stumpy01

A mate of mine absolutely battered Persimmon down on a large 4 bed detached.
    There were quite a few problems with it and work that needed re-doing. Everything that they re-worked he managed to get improved as well.

Bargain hard if you’re any good at it.

slowmart
    Free Member

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2012/06/19/families-turn-noses-up-at-cannock-landfill-smells/

Just be careful where you buy.

Most large building companies have been acquiring land banks for future development. They have been purchasing land cheap for future development with most well capitalised with strong balance sheets.

Over the last two years their share price has risen from 374p to 873p

As already mentioned try the last week of the month or quarter for a offer but nowadays you’ll be lucky to get a bargain. Better value would be to buy a place which needs some TLC and add value that way. We did for our first two homes and its good for your soul too.

Good luck

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone understand share values…..NEW HOME CONTENT’ is closed to new replies.