Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Can anyone tell why my wife has bought the worlds supply of kidney beans?
  • thestabiliser
    Free Member

Well?

And no soup?

scotroutes

Home delivery? Did she order 4 thinking it was 4 tins but it was 4 packs of 4?

badnewz
    Free Member

Pregnancy?

euain

Don’t they contain ricin? I’d be worried… 😉

Rubber_Buccaneer

It is for your new fad diet that you didn’t know you were going on.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No, they make chilli, then you put the ricin

Eh? Eh?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Mmm, could be a slimming world thing :/

johndoh
    Free Member

The world cannot have enough kidney beans. Yum.

johndoh
    Free Member

I did once buy eight apples but it turned out I bought eight bags of apples – maybe she made a similar mistake.

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Come round our house, you can have these bastards!

shermer75
    Free Member

How many tins?

matt_outandabout

Lots of beans?

trail_rat
    Free Member

if its anything like my house – its because you canget them in aldi – along with tinned tomatos…..

if its not the 2 weeks a year when aldi has heinz soup or beans (because the corale ones are rank rotten) then you can bet your bottom dollar that unless i did the shopping and popped by tesco on the way home….. there will be none of those in the house….

kimbers

You wouldn’t believe the stockpile of dove soap my wife has amassed

rocketman
    Free Member

The inlaws are the same they have apocalyptic stocks of baked beans, skimmed milk and like Spam stuff

thestabiliser
    Free Member

there’s probably only about a dozen tins but it’s more she’s bought more even though the back of the cupboard is already well supplied with them. Ah well, got tin of mushroom from the post office so all is well again.

The evils of Aldi.

MOAB is that a Caravaggio?

johndoh
    Free Member

At the moment we have a rather large collection of tinned tuna – mainly because it continues to be very cheap (around £2 for a 4 pack) and one of my 6 yr olds loves the stuff.

metcalt

No, they make chilli, then you put the ricin

Eh? Eh?

Bravo!

P-Jay
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Home delivery? Did she order 4 thinking it was 4 tins but it was 4 packs of 4?

Possibly, I ordered 2 olives to shorten my brakes hoses just before Xmas, CRC sent me 2 bags of 10 – why couldn’t have they sent me 20 bikes or something?!?*

Which I would have returned obviously…

legolam
    Free Member

We have almost managed to work our way through the 9L (yes, that’s NINE LITRES) of bright yellow American mustard that my other half managed to buy a few (8) years ago. We occasionally use it on BBQ food in the summer.

It was the result of two closely-spaced trips to Costco where, on the second trip, he thought that we’d run out so bought a second multi-pack of 2x2L bottles. I yelled at him because I thought there was no way that we’d ever get through that much mustard, plus it was a colossal waste of money.

The yelling must have made a big impression on him because, the following week, he did a quick trip to the local supermarket and picked up another litre of the stuff. His excuse was that he knew there was something important to remember about American mustard, but he couldn’t recall what, so he thought we must have run out and wanted to make sure there was some in the cupboard.

We’re down to the last litre now – it’s 4 years out of date. He’s threatening to go back to Costco…

bencooper
    Free Member

How can mustard go out of date? What on earth is going to grow in it?

Tiger6791

She’s having an affair with iDave

theotherjonv

MOAB is that a Caravaggio?

I don’t know what code word you have for it in your house, so I guess it could be?

In ours it’d be called a little tommy squeaker.

legolam
    Free Member

bencooper – Member
    How can mustard go out of date? What on earth is going to grow in it?

To be fair, it’s luminous yellow, so I doubt it will ever go out of date. It tastes the same as the decade we bought it and I’m not throwing it in the bin after it has survived two house moves!

mudshark
    Free Member

My wife does online ordering and mostly just repeats the order from the week before so we have excess stock of various items then I get shouty and that item is removed from the recurring order This happens for different products at differing times, we currently have piles of baked beans, both liquid and solid soap – BTW I don’t get the point of liquid soap….

bencooper
    Free Member

To be fair, it’s luminous yellow, so I doubt it will ever go out of date. It tastes the same as the decade we bought it and I’m not throwing it in the bin after it has survived two house moves!

My OH made me chuck out a perfectly good bottle of siracha sauce, just because it was a couple of years out of date. The fumes can strip paint, what kind of microbes could survive in that?

DrJ

Is she planning a trip to rural Oregon ?

slowoldman

Is it because North Korea have the hydrogen bomb?

shermer75
    Free Member

I have twelve tins of chopped tomatoes in case any one is running low

johndoh
    Free Member

I buy chopped tomatoes from Approved Food by the case – we get through loads of them and they are often on offer for around £1.99 for a case of 12.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Maybe she meant to buy raw kidney beans.

Thankfully cooked kidneys beans will work (but take longer). I hope she enjoys her new life in some far off tropical country.

PS

Ask her if all the life insurance and payments up to date.

Torminalis
    Free Member

We get a bit carried away at CostCo sometimes, I have enough original Mint Source shampoo to keep my family clean for generations to come.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell why my wife has bought the worlds supply of kidney beans?’ is closed to new replies.