Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can anyone tell me about X-Box's please?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

X-Box – X-Box 360core X-Box 360 arcade X-Box 360 elite

Whats the difference and more importantly the best for just playing games on.

Also game recommendations would be good too.

falkirk-mark

My son has the elite and according to him although it is the dearest it works out much the same because you need to buy a lot of memory if you buy the arcade for example.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

how much memory do you need then because the arcade ones (some anyway) come with 60 gig inside

geordiepaul
    Free Member

They're all the same pretty much except for the hard drive. They range from nowt to 120gb I think. Get the elite, cos it's the coolest.

Potter
    Free Member

they are all exactly the same machine the top end one(elite) has the biggest hard drive 120gig,i think the lower priced ones dont come with hard drives or headsets for using online and i believe the controllers are the wired ones as apose to wireless
    cracking machines
    as for memory i have an elite an still have 82 gb left,you can always upgrade the hard drives later,but as they are now doing full games to download on to the hd the bigger the better if you would be interested in that

Zedsdead
    Free Member

Is it worth buying one now that the PS3 can be bought for under £250?…

fubar
    Free Member

Wouldn't buy the Aracde…Hard Drive is really useful (installing and running games off hard disk is much quieter).

The middle one (pro?) is going so it will be Aracde or Elite – I'd get the Pro whilst you can

xbox model price change

gonefishin
    Free Member

Xbox, out of date now so I wouldn't bother
    Xbox360 Arcade has no hard drive so I wouldn't bother with that one either.
    Xbox 360 Elite has a 120gig hard drive.

Not sure what the "core" version is as Microsoft only have the elite and arcade versions listed on their site.

As others have said all the 360s are basically the same although I'd recommend one with a hard drive as you can install the games on it and this reduces the otherwise very significant noise from the console.

Check out your local shop for packages that will include extra controllers and the like.

fubar
    Free Member

oops too late – just checked Game and the middle version has already gone…so Elite is what you should buy (unless you can find stock of the old middle version (Pro?)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

back when microsoft first launched the 360 there were two versions, the core and the premium. core had no hard drive and was what they termed the 'entry level model'. the premium had a 20gb hardrive. just before the launch of the 60gb ps3 in 2007 the premiums were changed to pros has these had the hdmi ports included. the core was phased out and replaced by the arcade which included a memory stick. can't remember when the elite was launched but at one point it was the only 360 with the hdmi port so it must have been before the ps3 60gb. the arcades have since been changed to include what i think is about 64mb of inbuilt memory. the pro's hard drives were increased to 60gb. these are now being phased out, if they haven't already. the elite has just dropped in price to 199.99 but to get the same spec as a 120gb ps3 slim (the new ps3 249.99) you need to add on 59.99 for a wirless network adapter and the 360 isn't a blu ray machine so it'll never be the same spec. for 249.99 the ps3 slim is wireless out of the box, plays blu ray discs, normal dvds and cds. the online play is free unlike the 360.

mrs muddy dwarf wrote this she knows her stuff!

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Is it worth buying one now that the PS3 can be bought for under £250?…

Depends which side of the fence you are on really……….I bought my son a PS3 to be the best dad and he got me to sell it on ebay and buy him an XBox360…most young gamers in the know will tell you that the XBOX blows the PS3 away in on-line gaming.

Drac

Pro if you can find one, Elite if you can fool you Dad into thinking the costs the same. 😆

You don't need a wifi adapter if your near the router as it also has cable if you need wireless then you can with some trickery use non MS wifi ones. I have a PS3 and 360 both have pros and cons but PS3 on line gaming is free which is a big appeal plus the beauty of Blu-ray.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

`See that's what I want to know, a mate raves about his PS3 and how the X-box 360 will never be as good blah blah blah…. But, if the 360 has better games then surely my kids would like it better? (and me too…..)

momo

xbox has better titles, I've got an old premium (20gb model) that I've had since not long after launch. I thought about changing it for a ps3 a couple of months ago as I wanted a bluray player, the game selection wasn't as good as the xbox, so I saved some money and bought a standalone bluray player instead.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

If you want it for the kids as well defo go XBOX360 the PS3 doesn't even come close when it comes to choice of titles and as I said before the on-line play blows the PS3 away. Stand by for a PS3 backlash but they know I am right.

Drac

Better games thing is arguable as most titles are out for both and the one are aren't then PS3 has some better exclusive and the 360 that has some that are better.

If kids are involved then see what a majority of the friends for swapsies and on line gaming.

I wanted a bluray player, the game selection wasn't as good as the xbox, so I saved some money and bought a standalone bluray player instead.

When you could have had both for a few quid more and one of the best blu-ray players there is.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

It is arguable I must agree but apart from Little Big Planet there isn't a single title that utilises the PS3s supposed superiority over the Xbox or pushes it's limits. Try playing COD4 on both systems on-line and tell me which one is best. I know the PS3 is more powerful and has Bluray but the game writers haven't written anything to utilise it yet.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell me about X-Box's please?’ is closed to new replies.