Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone tell me about childcare vouchers?
  • mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Given that the information I can get from the Government sites is a web of confusion, does anyone have any useful information/experience of them.

I am self employed (in a partnership). Can I claim help towards our twins' childcare (they will be about 1yr old when my wife goes back to work).

I know they are stopping them, but that isn't until 2012 (for newborns) I believe so our two 'should' qualify assuming I can claim.

Or are there other ways of claiming help towards the cost?

Cheers

wwaswas

have a chat with these people – they should be able to help – linky

simon_g

Same process as the cyclescheme. You have to be employed and earning more than minimum wage (as the salary deduction can't take you under that figure). The employer buys the vouchers, you pay them back out of your pre-tax salary.

So it's possible, but only if you form a proper company and make yourself an employee of that company.

geoffj

I get mine through Accor – there is a bit on their site for employers.

http://www.childcarevouchers.co.uk/Employers/StartAScheme/Pages/startascheme.aspx

Chris.H
    Free Member

I'm afraid the answer is you can't claim if you are self employed. My wife is a partner in a business and she can't have them, according to the accountant. However, it may be worth phoning one or two of the companies to make sure based on your individual position.

The company I work for use computashare, I wouldn't recommend them!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

I use All Save who may be worth a look

VanHalen

2nd allsave here. you can store them up too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone tell me about childcare vouchers?’ is closed to new replies.