Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can anyone recoomend me a French language course?
  • Daffy

Cost is pretty irrelevant as I’m not paying for it, but expediency would be nice.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Le chat est sur la chaise

Daffy

je nes comprends pas…

GW
    Free Member

Do you have a DS?
    “My French Coach” is good for learning vocab and fun games are not as dull as many courses IMO.

wooobob

Rosetta Stone is supposed to be the best, although I haven’t used it. Builds up the language in the same way a child does, by associations and suchlike.

Edukator
    Free Member

Money no object eh! I’m sure you come to an arragement with Zahia D. There again, maybe not, Ribery was having trouble reading his press release last week.

On a more serious note there are a couple of decent language schools in every town in France so enter the town of your choice and take your pick.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Insted do one in chamonix. Residential courses as long as you like. I won one last year. If I can afford the fight and living expenses, I should be going in June.

leffeboy

If you are serious about trying to get to a reasonable level then books won’t cut it imho, you really need to find a course locally where you can speak it. I’ve tried books and they are great for getting going but they don’t really get you speaking.

For reading for the fun of it you can always subscribe to this mag which is quite good or even join in the eternal helmets discussions on the forum here here

TheBrick
    Free Member

I borrowed Michel Thomas from a friend for my mother last year. She was happy with it.

BigJohn

I really liked the Michel Thomas CD-based Spanish course.

I found the only trouble putting it into practice is that you can ask a question so fluently that you get the answer back in (fast) Spanish. This does you no good at all. You need to learn to phrase questions so you will get an answer you understand.

Do not ask (in that big square in Barcelona, with the 48 different bus stops) “where is the bus stop for the airport?”. Instead ask “Is this the bus stop for the airport?”

DrJ

Local Alliance Francaise ??

Best way to learn French is to get a French girlfriend, for all the obvious reasons.

lodious
    Free Member

+1 for Michel Thomas

Edukator
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LQWo_mhGXQ[/video]

+ 1 for obvious reasons.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recoomend me a French language course?’ is closed to new replies.