Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can anyone recommend what used AM FR full susser 26er frames to go for?
  • tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Also looking for advice on which ones to avoid (such as Commencal Meta’s from 2007) for a bike build.

Sancho
    Free Member

Transition Covert

Trimix
    Free Member

You can buy my Transition Covert frame if you like.

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Turner (or Nicolai I think) – full transferable warranty.

I’ve made use of the Turner one (direct with Turner USA admittedly), and it was thoroughly painless. Great bikes too.

NOT Lapierre – spare parts not available to non-original owners apparently.

tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Turner warranty sounds good, seem to be a lot of frames cracking out there and I am worried that a 2nd hand FS would turn out to be false economy.

spendtoomuch
    Free Member

Trek Scratch

I love mine and use it for everything

dantsw13

Santa Cruz Heckler? Choose from 140-160 fork depending on what you want to do with it.

bobdmr
    Free Member

Hi I’m having a similar dilemma.
    I have just shiped my 2012 Transition covert off for a warranty replacement, they have been really good and are sending me this years to replace it.
    I don’t know weather to get rid and try something else but what?? or stick with it.

If it helps the covert is an awsome choice and very good value, it is the only bike I have and it does pretty much everything it says on the tin.

Not that great at climbing, I have 160mm forks and it does ten to want to lift the from wheel.
    Through axle or bolt hub is a must.

It decends well loves,berms and big jumps.

I’m debating an sb66 for a lnger TT but I don’t know if it will be tough enough.

Hope this helps

Trimix
    Free Member

bobdmr – My Covert outclimbs some of my lightweight XC mates, but when its really steep I use the Talas option on my forks.

duntstick
    Free Member

Because I have one, and still think it’s good, 2007+ Giant Reign. Not hugely trendy, but a good sturdy bike.

stevede
    Free Member

Trimix – what size and how much for the covert frame? Have a mate who could be interested if its a medium.

bobdmr
    Free Member

[stevede – Member

Trimix – what size and how much for the covert frame? Have a mate who could be interested if its a medium.

Its a medium.
    Not 100% sure if selling yet PM me if your mate is interested.

bobdmr
    Free Member

ignore me, didn’t read it all properly.

Sorry

twoniner
    Free Member

PACE 506. I had one paierd with the DT Swiss 150mm forks and I loved it, climbed really well and went down fast too. I regret selling mine.

stevede
    Free Member

bobdmr – he may also be interested in yours mate, I’ve sent him a link to the thread. Out of interest what was your frame warrantied for?

bobdmr
    Free Member

Stevede- some trouble with he head tube nothing major and I haven’t found any post showing it was a common problem.
    They were happy to sort it.

tenayshuzd
    Free Member

Cheers for advice people.
    I ride a Genesis Alptitude at the moment and my mate on his Orange Five just floats downhill, hard to keep up but not so bad climbing.
    Similarly my other mate on his Lapierre Spicy, had a quick go on it and it climbed like a goat up a sharp bit of banking, very surprised how easy it was compared to a hardtail. My hardtail on downhills rattles the hell out of my spine (although I’m out of the saddle most of the time anyway) figured I might give full suss a go, got loads of bits to build one up.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend what used AM FR full susser 26er frames to go for?’ is closed to new replies.