Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Can anyone recommend me one of these (pic) that doesn't leak?
  • MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I need a travel mug to strap to the bike on the way to work.

I have bought three different ones and they all leak out of the top (mouth hole) at the slightest hint of movement.

Has anyone found one that doesn’t leak but has a hole at the top for easy drinking access?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I had a starbucks one with proper seals use to drop it in the van with no real problems.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Ah ok I’ll check it out thanks. Can’t deal with anymore ruined bags or paperwork from unsuspected coffee spills.

lipseal
    Free Member
    stumpy01

Pricey, but the Contigo ones are great and seal well. it’ll fit into a bottle cage too. Someone asked similar the other day and I stuck up a pic of mine in the bottle cage…

stumpy01
    user-removed
    Free Member

The Life Venture mini-flasks are the only reliable ones I’ve had. But even with those, the thread goes eventually.

tonyg2003

Contigo for me too. Never leaks and keeps my tea warm for ages.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Brilliant thanks all. Plenty to go off there.

jeffskowski
    Free Member

Contigo here. 7 years old, still seals and keeps the coffee hot. If it ever dies I’d get another without hesitation.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

The bodum ones mentioned on the thread link above are a tenner in Currys so hard to resist. Might pop on my way home and have a look tomorrow.

dmorts

Got one of the Bodum ones cheap at Currys. Seems reasonably leak proof so far. Had it in my bag for walk to work, it remains upright in that though.

My main gripe with all travel mugs, even Bodum one, is how they make coffee taste plasticy. Bodum one not too bad as its steel, only lid’s plastic. Anyone found one that’s tasteless?

makecoldplayhistory
    Free Member

Another vote for the Starbucks one.

househusband

Anyone found one that’s tasteless?

Yup; the Klean Kanteen one that I recommended in the thread linked to above!

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m picking up a bodum tonight. With the £5 voucher I have it’s only £5 so worth a try.

Cheers everyone.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend me one of these (pic) that doesn't leak?’ is closed to new replies.