Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a UST or LUST Equvelant to a Minion ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

I’m after a proper UST or LUST 2.35 ish Single ply tyre for Front of bike, I really like the Minions on the front but they don’t do a LUST /UST.

Can anyone recommend a UST or LUST Minion equvelant from another manufacturer ? or whats it simular in the Maxxis line up ?

jimjam
    Free Member

Seriously? Is this a trick? High Roller?

fivespot
    Free Member

Bontrager XR4 2.2 tubeless ready. Big for a 2.2, roll and grip well.
    Only £24 from here http://www.pedalon.co.uk/acatalog/_bontrager_xr4.html

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    neil853
    Free Member

well I’m using an Ardent 2.25 (LUST) front and rear at the minute, really happy with them

simonm
    Free Member

I have Ardent LUST too but when its wet, I really don’t get on with it, and prefer the Minion.

The high roller is more of a erm agresive riders tyre in that you have to lean it right over from middle to edge to get grip again where I find the minion is more rounded and grips at any angle.

thanks for XC4 tip, will look that up.

BadlyWiredDog

If you have clearance and suitable rims, the 2.5 Minion DHF Exo converts to tubeless really nicely and is an ace front tyre. Not as big as the nominal sizing suggests either, though still quite chunky.

[edit – you’re Peak-ish aren’t you? Want to borrow an XR4 for a try? I have a pair sat in the bike cave doing nowt]

scruff
    Free Member

XR4 2.2 for me on the front on my HT, Minion F on DH bike. Not sure what that means.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

DWD – how much to buy the xr4s?

BadlyWiredDog

Sorry, can’t sell ’em, long story.

jedi

badlywireddog, do tell dood 🙂

nodrog2
    Free Member

Currently running a standard 2.35 SP steel bead Minion DHF as a tubeless tyre. Works ok set up tubeless with a couple of small bottles of stans fluid in with it.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Currently running a standard 2.35 SP steel bead Minion DHF as a tubeless tyre

Me too, tubeless on Flows.
    Never had any issue with Super Tacky Single Ply DHF on the front, despite being far from delicate.
    I can’t get away with SP on the back though, where they just rip through the side wall in no-time at all. LUST are only a little better IMHO, they seem to rip through long before they ware-out.

BadlyWiredDog

badlywireddog, do tell dood

Not my tyres to sell 🙂

jedi

eh???????????

Northwind

Standard Minions tubeless up very well, both in folding and wire form. Lots of rubber in them I guess.

simonm
    Free Member

I really like tubeless with no gunk with the UST

BWD, your Hayfield or New Mills aren’t you ? Would like to try one if your not to far away, my office is Furness Vale..

JamieMc
    Free Member

Hutchinson Baracuda. No idea of there are tubless options but its a belter of a front tyre

BadlyWiredDog

I really like tubeless with no gunk with the UST

BWD, your Hayfield or New Mills aren’t you ? Would like to try one if your not to far away, my office is Furness Vale..

Yep, that neck of the woods, kind of. The Bonty tyres are tubeless ready, so you do need gunk though to seal the sidewalls. Still interested?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a UST or LUST Equvelant to a Minion ?’ is closed to new replies.