Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a travel cot?
  • topangarider
    Free Member

After something that won’t tip over when the young one gets a bit agro, but one that’s not the size of a caravan when ‘folded’!

Cheers.

Jason
    Free Member

We bought one of these a couple of years ago:

http://www.pushchairs.co.uk/acatalog/nomad_travel_bed.html

It folds up pretty small, is fairly light weight and has proved very durable. It is now being used by our 2nd child. We have used it every where from staying at friends houses to camping. We have even taken it on one foreign holiday too, as we couldn’t source a cot when we got there.

When we got our one it was pretty much the only one on the market – I think a few other makes may have appeared now too. Watch out for the small ones that are really only suitable for the first 12 months.

saladdodger
    Free Member

if you want we have a Britax one going cheap

addy in profile

prettygreenparrot

we got a Graco one I think. It was bigger than many when folded out and folded into a neat wheeled bag. I think we originally got it on eBay or at a NCT sale.

Rivett
    Free Member

Yeah, the Graco Compact Travel Cot.

Rikoshea
    Free Member

We have one of the tent style ones from mothercare, Lil RT has been fine in it-now 2yrs-and it packs smaller than a 1 man tent.

stuey
    Free Member

Arc ones are great

Come in different sizes and roll down small – We use an Arc 4 for our 2months-2yrs old(s).

topangarider
    Free Member

Is the arc one sturdy enough if they stand up in it and shake it? i.e. it doesn’t tip over?

topangarider
    Free Member

That Graco one weighs 8kg! Not much use for, er, travelling!

Stoner
    Free Member

how old is Jr?

Apprently my mum used to put me to bed in a drawer when we went away 🙂

now we put Stoner Jr in a Dog bed 🙂 (he does get a sleeping bag) but he is 2 now.
    Before that we used a very rare and brilliant foldng change bag cum bed, and after that a samsonite folding cot. Both adequeate.

topangarider
    Free Member

She’s 4 months, but starting to wriggle loads so don’t want her catwheeling round the room in one of those mesh tent things. Equally don’t want to carry a huge heavy behemoth round either.

That Arc 4 seems like it’d do the trick, as the the Phil and Teds one, but both pretty pricey!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a travel cot?’ is closed to new replies.