Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a running watch with cadence reading / metronome ?
  • andymb
    Free Member

I need to try and up my running cadence, but I don’t find watches/apps that give me my average cadence at the end of the run very helpful – ideally i’d like a metronome function that cut in and out as I stray above or below my ideal cadence whilst I’m actually running

I know that they’re a few apps out there that do this but I hate taking my phone running with me (phone are so big these days!)

I know a few of the gamins have metronome functions, but I’ve read a few reviews that say that the pips are a bit quiet – just wondering if anyone has any experience of the gamins or anything else?

thanks in advance for any tips, andy

wors

I need to try and up my running cadence,

Can I ask why? Sorry a bit off topic but this is STW 😆

slowoldman

Could you fashion a strap of some sort for one of these?

wobbliscott
    Free Member

In the absence of any app maybe run to music with the equivalent BPM?

mrblobby
    Free Member

I used one of these that clip on…

Can I ask why? Sorry a bit off topic but this is STW

To run faster you can increase your cadence or your stride length. Cadence is usually the best way to go.

surfer
    Free Member

Then measure your speed.

craigxxl
    Free Member

The Garmin Fenix 3 does and I would assume others in their running range do too. It gives a little vibration to time your cadence but unless you are running on a flat surface, ideally a running track, it won’t be much use as you will naturally vary your pace.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Then measure your speed.

You might want to think about that a bit 🙂

jam-bo

https://apps.garmin.com/en-US/apps/72612f8d-b248-432d-a7c7-03b8dea29f34

garmin connect IQ app to add the functionality to most garmin watchs by the looks of it.

edit: wont record GPS at the same time.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Audiofuel?

CraigW
    Free Member

Podrunner has music mixes at a specific BPM. http://www.podrunner.com/mixes.html
    You could put these on a small MP3 player, eg Sandisk Clip. Better than carrying a phone anyway.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I thought it was your brain that told you to put one foot in front of another, not a computer ?

Do intervals / track session

surfer
    Free Member

You might want to think about that a bit

Why?

andymb
    Free Member

cheers Fellas [some] of that was quite helpful 🙂 i’ll look at those gadgets craigxxl and jam bo
    especially the pure tone metronome, cheers mrblobby
    I’d love to be able to use music to help me run better but i’m far too uncoordinated/excitable for pardoner/audiofuel to work for me – thanks craigw and huckleberryfat

CraigW
    Free Member

Must be some way to make a metronome MP3, at whatever speed you like?
    This site seems to work: http://metronomer.com/

thecaptain
    Free Member

Small metronome is about 3 quid on eBay.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a running watch with cadence reading / metronome ?’ is closed to new replies.