Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a guide for Les Arcs?
  • captaindanger

ie a person who can show us the best trails rather than a book. Staying in Bourg in a few weeks and looking for fun singletrack routes.

Thanks

wallop

I’m unable to recommend specific guides, but Coolbus will run you up the mountain and give you pointers on which trails to follow.

Northwind

Might be worth contacting the guide companies to see if anyone is available- a guide might be available on a rest day especially.

I don’t know if Yvan Bonin still does guiding in the area but he is the greatest man who has ever lived, I spent days chasing him around les arcs and la thuile when he was working with white rooms and they were some of the best I’ve ever had on a bike. We go?

wallop

And now we have to put up with Pat *rolls eyes* 😆

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Trail Addiction are good.

neenan1
    Free Member

@wallop – which Pat do you mean?

Northwind

THE Pat.

If you did a year with Yvan and a year with Pat you got a pretty normal distribution of chat and profanity.

squoglybob
    Free Member

Personally I’d speak to Trail Addiction, see if one or two of their youngsters have the time to take you out and show you the secret, secret, stuff.

I’ve ridden with TA and on a few of the day’s one of the mechanics tagged along for a Jolly, he’d not ridden quite a bit of the stuff that we rode on the opposite valley which is where all the best riding is “In my opinion”.

the bike park stuff is OK for a dabble but if you are going to Les Arcs you need a guide to show you single tracks proper.

Poundstretcher, Jacksons, Axe Wound, Goldminers, Miners strike, Double header, Jiz Gasket, to name but a few,

Actually maybe I should edit those?

jambalaya
    Free Member

OP guiding from MCF (official mtb school and guides) is about €250-300 per day from memory. IMO one of the major benefits of a guided holiday (such as trail addiction or white room chalet) is the mix of local knowledge and vehicle uplifts which take you places the lift system/busses do not.

Have a search on here there was an excellent Les Arcs thread recently where @welshfarmer posted up some very useful links, there is a Les Arcs area mtb map

EDIT here is the thread http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/les-arcs-single-track-the-hard-to-find-stuff-where-and-how

Candodavid
    Free Member

Search out Emily Horridge. She used t be quite a handy downhill rider and I know she did guide in the area

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Another vote for Trail Addiction.A lot of the trails are in the forests & you really do need a guide if you want to experience them.

dan45a
    Free Member

We used Rob the owner of coolbus a few years ago. He’s knows the place very well cost was reasonably to.

One of my all time best Mtb holidays. Great place.

legend
    Free Member

Candodavid – Member
    Search out Emily Horridge. She used t be quite a handy downhill rider and I know she did guide in the area
    POSTED 7 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

She’s not in Les Arcs this summer

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a guide for Les Arcs?’ is closed to new replies.