Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a good surf school in San Sebastian?
  • jhw
    Free Member

Thanks

davieg
    Free Member

No. But used this school on many trips to nearby Biarritz, which I can recommend: http://www.touradour.com/shops/lagoondy/gb/lessons.htm

doug_basqueMTB.com

Pukas offer surf lessons in San Seb. The beach isn’t the best for learning though, if you’re learning then Hendaye is a short train journey away and is a great learner break. If you do that then Central Surf are great.

Surf’s flat at the moment though… you should be in the mountains. 🙂

jhw
    Free Member

Thanks – is Pukas good? I guess you can’t go wrong, they seem very well established. The other one (Urban surf) seemed really slick on the phone, but they can only do lessons if I start on Monday which does not fit in with my trip plan.

I’ve just posted another thread on this without seeing the replies to this one – I’m just wondering whether it’s worth it if I can only do 4 days’ lessons

leggyblonde
    Free Member

it might be better if you spent the money on one personal lesson getting you up on your feet. They would be more accommodating with times too

monstermarrow
    Free Member

Go to Santander, a few miles west from San Sebastian, and i can thoroughly recommend these guys:

ECS Santander

Phone them up and ask to speak to Nacho (No kidding, that’s his real name!) he speaks good english. The surf school is on Somo Beach, across the harbour from Santander town.

I used to go to Somo beach twice a year (Easter & late summer) and had lessons with Nacho for about three or four years running. Nacho is the best instuctor I have come across (And i’ve tried a few!). He can also hook you up with acommodation in Somo if needed.

For beginners, Somo beach is much better than anything San Sebasitan has to offer. It is a very long curving sandy beach, with a shallow gradient. If there is any swell at all, Somo will catch it.

If you are arriving from Santander (Bus / train station), go to the harbour and catch a little ferry over to Somo beach (get off at the SECOND stop). If you are driving, just go directly to Somo.

If you need any more detail, just mail me and I’ll help you out (email in profile).

Cheers!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a good surf school in San Sebastian?’ is closed to new replies.