Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a good front mudguard.
  • ash.addy
    Free Member

Went out yesterday and was covered from head to foot in mud. Couldn't see a thing as my glasses just were covered as soon as I put a bit of a blast on and then when i went down a hill forget it. Took the glasses off and even worse i was riding with one eye open. Are there any front mud guards that don't look like I've got a motorcross bike.

mtbfix

Depending on the bike I use 3 different front guards. I have both the Crud Catcher and RRP Neo, as suggested above, and they both work well. The most effective front guard that I have is a Topeak Defender M1. It does look rather MX and will not work on all forks but it is by far and away the best at the job.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Johnboy373
    Free Member

I have a guard attached to my downtube which stops the dirt going all up your front. I'm going to get a neoprene guard that fits between the travel area on the front fork to stop high speed spray getting into my face.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=24478

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=22990

robdob
    Free Member

+1

Tried that combo recently and I didn't get a single drop of mud on my glasses over 2 quite wet rides. I was amazed to be honest. Get a proper RRP as it's easier to take off and clean than being a skinflint and making your own out of innertubes and zip ties.

br
    Free Member

The new Crud Fender is very good, I had one on yesterday and was very 'clean' compared to my oppo.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Downtube guard and innertube on the fork – seems to work as well as anything

RoterStern
    Free Member

Speed Stuff. CRC are doing them on special offer for 7 pounds. I have been using them for years through winter and I never get any mud on my face.

bonesetter
    Free Member

+1 any of the under fork steerer fitting ones which turn with the wheel

Keeps pretty all mud off your face AND you don't even have to wear glasses

weaklemondrink
    Free Member

I use one of these in green 😯

It's not pretty, but it was cheap and keeps the crap out of my face.

billysan
    Free Member

Another vote here for the Topeak M1. Might as well get the rear M2 as well as both are about as good as you'll get.

ahwiles
    Free Member

i tried using a piece of old inner tube zip-tied to the crown/brace, but it got a bit flappy / faffy.

i'm now on a crud catcher + home-made mucky nutz copy:

it works. perfectly.

sheffield43
    Free Member

I use a SKS Shockboard – does the job superbly, easy to take on and off and I'm not bothered if it looks MX.

Norbie
    Free Member

steve peat bar mounted crud guard and crud catcher on downtube works for me

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a good front mudguard.’ is closed to new replies.