Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a good event around in spring/summer time?
  • sleigh62
    Free Member

Dear all …
    Can anyone recommend a good xc event around spring/summer time down in the SW … not a race though … too old for that!
    I’ve done BHF events, Brecon Beast and a few others but they are mostly in Sept and most of the ones I’ve done in Wales are very wet.
    Done the HONC and although a great day out … found it a bit boring tbh.

Heaven of the South looks good but sold out.

Just looking for something interesting … plenty of singletrack … just as many downs as ups etc.

I know it sounds like I’m after a trail centre but I enjoy the buzz of an organised event … anything?

sleigh62
    Free Member

… ‘three coins in a fountain’ … 😐

CheesybeanZ

Forest of Dean wild boar is the same weekend as HOTS .

scandal42
    Free Member

Mountain bike marathon series?

Not sure of the locations this year though so a journey may be required.

sleigh62
    Free Member

thanks U2

CheezybeanZ … looked at that but watched a vid of the event and it just looks like fire roads around FoD … unless I’m missing something?

pete68
    Free Member

The wild boar chase has 3 different loops. The first one is the family friendly one on fire roads and every one does that. After that you do either 1 or both of the other 2 .these are more interesting

sleigh62
    Free Member

Thanks again

haggis1978 … thats a really useful link … like the look of those Red Kite events

Pete68 … will do some more research then … I do like FoD and its not that far … may have been a bit hasty in judging.

cheers

Steve

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a good event around in spring/summer time?’ is closed to new replies.