Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a front mudguard for 26” wheel with V-brakes?
  • locomotive

I’ve a 26” wheeled hack/pub bike I need to use as a commuter for a while. Bike is fully rigid with V brakes, front forks are curved blade cro-mo jobs from an 90s GT (eyelets on trailing edge of dropout)

Can anyone recommend a front mudguard that will fit around the brakes?

Thanks in advance

shermer75
    Free Member

Will regular mudguards fit? You said there is eyelets? I used these and some bits of metal from a hardware store to fit mine in a similar set up (Surly Troll)

shermer75
    Free Member

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    locomotive

They might well do, bit tight with my current tyres perhaps.. but many thanks for the link

Just spotted some in another thread that look pretty solid and might fit around v-brakes with some minor adjustments!

downshep

If the forks have an eyelet through the crown and you’re running slick commuter tyres, the guard will fit under the v-brake wire if you space the guard downwards towards the tyre.

Take some 22 mm grey foam pipe lagging, cut off a short (no more than 2″) section, then slice the cut off in two, to create two semi-circular halves. Jam one of the half moon shapes under the crown and mount the mudguard tight underneath the lagging.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a front mudguard for 26” wheel with V-brakes?’ is closed to new replies.