Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone recommend a cheapo trailer?
  • bratty

I am looking for something to put about 20kgs of luggage in for trips from the railway station to holiday accomodation – usually about 20kms on decent roads – and which does not cost too much. I was thinking of a Bob trailer copy, but am aware some break easily. If there are any that would stand up to longer touring then that would be great too.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I used a “proper” Bob last week and I have to say that they are worth their money!! It went round the Penmachno trails and up around them there hills about that way no bother. I was hugely impressed by it.

I don’t know anything about the copies though.

zoota

Where are you based? You could hire one of me if you are local?

Kunstler

I have a Revolution Cargo trailer that has stood up to a fair amount of abuse in the last five years and has been fantastic. I’m not sure EBC still sell them. None on their website but they have spare parts listed.

bratty

Well, I want one to be on hand at all times, so will be looking to buy not hire, thanks.

The Revolution looks alright, but i have not seen any for sale. I guess I may have to go down the ebay route, but am not sure if any of them are worth the cash.

StirlingCrispin

On roads I’d say go for two wheels over one.
    This particularly holds true if lugging heavy or obscure loads.

I use a Carry Freedom City – which can be folded out of the way when not in use.
    Carry Freedom also do cheaper Y-frame trailers. That said the Halfords/Argos kiddie-carrying trailers get OK reviews.

STATO
    Free Member

The revolution is nice in that its all QR to take apart and store, but its quite expensive. You can get a (almost identical) one off ebay, usually form Germany, for around £60. Only difference i can make out is that you need a 10mm spanner to undo 2 bolts to fold it flat, not exactly a hardship if youve got somewhere to store it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone recommend a cheapo trailer?’ is closed to new replies.