Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • can anyone reccommend b&bs near nant yr arian please
  • jimithenomad
    Free Member

myself and a group of 8 friends are off to ride in the nant yr arian area in march and are looking for reasonably priced b&b accommodation for 2 nights. We need one double bed and the rest singles and would like to stay in the same place if possible or close together so we can go out after riding to to have a few beers and a bite to eat together. Some of us are a little long in the tooth and dont fancy bunk beds, but would consider bunkhouse accommodation on the condition they can provide some form of breakfast in the morning. Any ideas or reccommendations???

Surfr
    Free Member

The George Borrow is probably the closest to Nant (easily ridable).

http://www.lodging-world.com/accom.The_George_Borrow_Hotel.120704.html

Not stayed there but I’ve had a pint at the bar before getting on the Aber RFU coach down to Millenium for an All Blacks game. Seemed pleasant enough in an untouched kind of way. Can’t vouch for rooms I’m afraid.

Jimbo
    Free Member

Loads in Aberystwyth, which is 10 minutes drive or 45 minutes ride away 🙂

snowpaul
    Free Member

I have stayed at the George borrows on a 8 day trans wales ride with friends… hotel staff = nice people – let us keep bikes in sheds and even did our washing for a small charge. Nice views out onto the hillside – spotting scopes in main room etc to watch the red kites and a nice sheepdog….

As to nant y arian – its an ok but quite easy trail centre with a couple of big climbs – the red kite feeding is def worth watching though… we rode there a day and also through there on our tour to the machynlleth (?) area…
    have fun

paul

snowpaul
    Free Member

I have stayed at the George borrows on a 8 day trans wales ride with friends… hotel staff = nice people – let us keep bikes in sheds and even did our washing for a small charge. Nice views out onto the hillside – spotting scopes in main room etc to watch the red kites and a nice sheepdog….

As to nant y arian – its an ok but quite easy trail centre with a couple of big climbs – the red kite feeding is def worth watching though… we rode there a day and also through there on our tour to the machynlleth (?) area…
    have fun

paul

nostoc
    Free Member

If there’s that many of you and you want to be closer to the trails than Aber then your best option would be http://www.maesnant.org.uk/
    (if available)
    A couple of miles off the NyA trails and more wilderness riding on the doorstep.
    It is bunks but enough of them that you wouldn’t have to use the uppers -and you’d have to do your own breakfast.

nostoc
    Free Member

also B+B accomodation in cottage next door to the Druid http://www.goginan.com/druid/
    One mile from NyA centre, not sure how many beds.

jimithenomad
    Free Member

thanks for all the replies and reccommendations i am now busy trying to get a booking organised.The guesthouse next to the pub looks favourite so thanks very much for that one, if only they would answer the phone! Just have to keep trying , they are probably in the pub enjoying the ale!!!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘can anyone reccommend b&bs near nant yr arian please’ is closed to new replies.