Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Can anyone reccomend me some good inner tubes?
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I just bought some new bontrager xr4 2.2 tyres and I’m wondering what the best kind of inner tubes to run are.

I would think that different tubes are tougher and better suited to certain apllications.

I want to go tubeless soon but for now I’m still usinig tubes.

ltheisinger
    Free Member

I use the continental ones (26 x 1.75-2.5) always been really good for me.

McHamish
    Free Member

I would think that different tubes are tougher and better suited to certain apllications.

I’ve always assumed that if something is strong enough to go through the tyre, then the inner tube (regardless of the brand) doesn’t stand a chance.

But then I’m no expert at all!

kaesae
    Free Member

Perhaps but there is also snake bites and the fact that different tubes will have different thickness’s and characteristics. sometimes a thorn can only just pierce the tyre and a thicker tube will stand a better chance.

For me with all the different brands, some have to be better in terms of quality and performance than others 😀

rob-jackson
    Free Member

tubeless them?

PGreen
    Free Member

Schwalbe.

spacemonkey

+1 Conti’s

traildog
    Free Member

I’ve found the quality of inner tubes varies a lot . As above, I can recommend the conti tubes.

andytherocketeer

+1 conti’s
    fit them 10x quciker than tubeless, with 0 faff. haven’t sussed out how to puncture them yet, in 8 years.

kaesae
    Free Member

Good enought for me, any suggestions on the best place to buy them? or is everwhere round about the same 😀

Thanks to everyone for pitching in.

uwe-r
    Free Member

I got my contis in bulk on ebay.

andytherocketeer

“Bulk” for me was 3 for about €10 from bike24 (or somewhere), to get order past the free delivery threshold (thereby making them essentially free).

M6TTF
    Free Member

great tyres, but they come up frickin’ massive – had to take them off my fuel ex as they were chewing the swing arm! – i ran them ghetto tubeless with no problems

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Ebay Bulk buy….

BULK Conti Tubes

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone reccomend me some good inner tubes?’ is closed to new replies.