Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can anyone identify this Marmot Softshell?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I bought it around 3 years ago in GoOutdoors and it’s beginning to get a bit knackered…and will be retired to a go-to-work jacket. It has Gore Windstopper fabric and used to be showerproof, and actually still can withstand a bit of drizzle despite me beating the living daylights out of it.

I’ve been looking around for a new softshell and to be honest, I’ve come to the conclusion that I just want this one again as it’s been a fantastic do-it-all jacket for the last few years. So I want whatever the current version of this one that Marmot are making. Any ideas? I’ve tried the catalogue numbers from the tab by the hanger, but these are just generic Marmot #s, not specific to this jacket.

Any ideas which of the current range would be most like this one?

EDIT: forgot to add, it has a hood that zips on and off, but cannot be packed away inside a pocket, or owt like that.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Awesome!!

That’s the very one…I remember the name now as I was buying it and thinking to my self, “How apt!” 😀

Unfortunately, discontinued…I wonder what the closest version Marmot do now is… 😕

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

One of these, maybe?

Pisstaking over and done with, will watch with interest, as I’m after a similar do it all soft shell sort of thing.

Stoner
    Free Member

“How apt!”

Apt? I’ll tell you what’s apt:

Talk about nominative determinism 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’ve emailed eu customer services Flashy. It has been the best softshell jacket I’ve ever owned, I shit you not. You could ski/board in it as long as it wasn’t too cold.

If I get an answer, I’ll find out if anywhere does what they suggest in XXL for you.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Jeez, it’s Lumpy and Bumpy in the same thread! 😀

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀

duffle
    Free Member

Bugger too slow to the thread but one word of caution that can obviously be ignored……I find the bottom half of the sleeves quite tight so not to good for layering but thats the only ‘complaint’ so to speak

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone identify this Marmot Softshell?’ is closed to new replies.