Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Can anyone help open an old QuickCAD file …
  • cvilla

… which has a .CAD file extension, apparently it used to be part of AutoCAD, but I can find nothing to open an old file.
    If anyone can open and convert to .dwg/ ,dxf that would be great?
    Thanks
    Chris

richmars

.CAD isn’t an option in Solidworks.
    Sorry

gobuchul
    Free Member
    cvilla

Thanks, I did try the CadStd free version, but it would not read it, hence the call to STW! I appreciate it’s a long shot, but always worth an ask.
    Cheers
    C

Kahurangi

Yeah I can’t do that from work sorry, but have your tried DraftSight? It is a full-blown AutoCAD clone/competitor but should be able to handy most 2D CAD formats and functions.

cvilla

Yes I did try, no luck. Checking the forums it does seem daft that a previous AutoCAD connected software is now unreadable, anyway progress!
    STW longshot worth asking, we do have an old paper copy, so a manual CAD upgrade is looming (or a scan).
    Thanks
    C

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Need to open in AutoSketch apparently.

dustytrails

Have you tried simply copying the file and renaming it by editing the file name i.e. .CAD to .dxf or.dwg
    I say to copy the file so you don’t bollox the original!!

revs1972
    Free Member

If it’s not a sensitive file , then email it over to me and I’ll have a play with it.
    Address is in my profile
    Cheers

craig2002
    Free Member

Did you get sorted? If not send it to me if you want and I’ll see what I can do in AutoCAD, I’ve got various versions and the stand alone auto desk viewer for most drawing types, if that doesn’t open it then you’re probably screwed!!
    Good luck!

mrsfry
    Free Member

Would ‘Blender’ be able to do it. It’s free

Frontpage

cvilla

Thanks, tried AutoCAD, SketchUp, Draftsight, CadStd (free) no luck.
    Revs kindly offered to have a try, not tried Autosketch yet, anybody have a copy/licence?
    Think we maybe back to a re-draw, but you never know…

revs1972
    Free Member

Looks like it was originally done in Drafix if anyone has that

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help open an old QuickCAD file …’ is closed to new replies.