Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can anyone help me out with a new job in the Nottingham area?
  • pimpmyride
    Free Member

Bit of a cry for help more than anything as i'm having really bad issues with my current job and need to find employment asap!

Been there 9 years so gutted to have to leave but being pretty much bullied into something and fear I may have to like it or lump it so need to explore other options before taking a big decision to quit 🙁

In the Nottingham area, anyone have any jobs that need filling?

tron
    Free Member

No help on the jobs front but Nottingham Uni careers service will advise anyone, even if you didn't study there.

The likes of Reed and Kelly services do seem to have bits of temp work going if you could get by on that kind of wage.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Bullied?

Report the fecker and MTFU don't let them getaway with it.

Report to HR too.

Disgusting in this day and age.

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Frankenstein, yeah it is awful, I have been there for 9 years employed by the same company when all of a sudden I was hit with the reality of a private firm taking over, my contract was supposed to be protected however months down the line little things are popping up that I am finding difficult to do.

The latest one involves me being on call out for a week at a time on a 3 week rolling rota and being told I can't drink, can't go out at night, can't go anywhere at the weekends unless I can guarantee myself being at work within 20 mins of getting the call.

The worst bit about all this are you ready for this…… I DON'T GET PAID!!! "only if I actually get called out I will get paid!

So basically I am on call, lose my whole week and weekend on the assumption that I may get called out but i'm not compensated for it if I don't get called out!
    All of this was NOT in my original contract which I have obtained from my employer which is even harder to swallow.

I'm well gutted as iv'e aproached my boss and have been told that it is covered in my contract under the part that says (quote) "any other request regarded as reasonable by the employer to meet the clients needs"
    I always thought a reasonable request was something like being asked nicely to stay behind after my shift to help others who are maybe struggling which is absolutely fine.

I am getting no where fast with all this and have resulted to contacting the HR department as I now feel i'm being bullied at work (please don't laugh) i'm no wimp and can fight my own corner but fear that the power of this certain company may be a bit too much for me.

Also just so people are aware i'm not being unreasonable at work nor am I refusing to do my share etc etc I just genuinely feel that this is one step too far and its actually upsetting me now and also affecting my family life as major planning has to be made to be able to go out to the cinema, for a meal, or even shopping now! 🙁

AndyDuke
    Free Member

That line in the contract would never stand up in court or a greivancey claim if they tried to dismiss you. Take it too them before you jump and tell them what for, what's the worst that can happen?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Thanks Andy, i'll see what happens with the HR department and explore that option if I have to 🙂

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

You in union?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

No, is it too late?

Would they offer me some help at this short notice?

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

always worth a try, they may have other members struggling under similar circumstances and would welcome support for their case.

What kind of work where?

pimpmyride
    Free Member

Looking after buildings, and facilities management, don't really want to name the company though.
    Deffinately going to sort something out though.

CharlieMungus
    Free Member

sure, i only meant the industry

rubberneck
    Free Member

ive been through something similar and ended up having to accept the changes,,,,,thing is i made it pay,

you will be amazed at how many callouts (ker-ching) i had at my convenience. all it takes is an alarm sensor an old fashioned alarm clock (the type with bells on the top), some fishing wire and a bit of imagination..

also i used to have pals around my house to have a good old drinky during my weekend on call and if i got a call out i would sling my tools in a taxi,,,,,,,, i never got caught

i got a bit pished off with a lot of these extra duties and got a new job after a couple of years and i absolutly **** HATE IT. 😥

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help me out with a new job in the Nottingham area?’ is closed to new replies.