Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Can anyone help identify my north face jacket?
  • AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

I bought this jacket a few months ago under the impression it was a North face nuptse 700 jacket and just now I am looking to sell it so have been looking for some info on it for reviews and price to compare it to however can not find a nuptse jacket that looks like mine.

The two things that are different on mine to all the nuptse jackets I can find is that mine seems to have an insulated hood whereas others just have a thin hood or none at all. Mine also ha a chest pocket which no other nuptse jackets seem to have, I am not able to find the jacket in his colour either.

Does none have this jacket or any idea if it is indeed a North face nuptse 700 jacket or is it something else?

Thanks for the help!

scotroutes

The photos haven’t come through so it’s hard to comment. However, the first question I would ask would be “where did you buy it?” There is so much counterfeit NF stuff available ……

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Balls,didn’t realise… Hopefully this will work at least.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/98738265@N07/15435872549/

I’m 99% sure it’s not counterfeit

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It hope I am wrong, but that does look like a knock off from those photos. The stitching around the 700, the label stitching and there’s something about the look of the liner fabric that doesnt look correct to me in those photos. It is hopefully just the photos though.

wool

The newer stuff has a hologram tag on the inside ???

generallevi
    Free Member

Looks like a fake, even down to the slanted North Face label that’s sown up by the hood…..

Sorry mate, hope I’m wrong.

Where did you buy it from? That should be the biggest giveaway

scotroutes

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

Hooraaaay

Bought it 2nd hand of someone where I live in Norway, on their version of gumtree.

Oh well can’t complain too much it’s flippin warm so still does its job and I didn’t pay a huge amount, only £45

CountZero

I have a Nuptse bought from a NF dealer in Bath many years ago, possibly fifteen, maybe more, anyway the hood is a single layer nylon effort tucked under the back of the collar, so yours could easily be a similar vintage. Mine has ripstop nylon as the main outer construction, with the little squares woven into the material, and heavier smooth nylon across the shoulders, plus it has a tag on the right-hand pocket zip with ‘STOW POCKET’ written on it.

RustyNissanPrairie

I have an old (approx 15-20) year old Nuptse and a new last season one
    Both have thin unlined hoods and apart from the shell/outer material being different they are pretty much identical. Have only seen ‘700’ picture but that doesn’t look correct in either material or embroidery quality

AnyExcuseToRide
    Free Member

You hero tsurani,it does indeed look almost identical!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone help identify my north face jacket?’ is closed to new replies.