Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Can anyone cut vinyl decals?
  • Duane…
    Free Member

Anyone on here got a vinyl cutter?

Wanting a logo (simple block letters, particular font), about 50cm x 8cm cut out. It will just be used as a painting template, so colour/thickness isn’t important.

(TBH it doesn’t have to be vinyl, any self adhesive material which would be suitable)

Ta,
    Duane.

nealglover
    Free Member

Always get mine done by ZeroSeven Graphics

He’ll sort you out no probs, dirt cheap too.

(Tell him nealglover says hi!)

integerspin
    Free Member

I bought a vinyl cutter to cut the masking for my bike frames, so yes I
    have a cutter and can cut masking, I use Aslan masking film.

I can let you have some photos so you can see what’s possible.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Yes, email me the details. We have a special paint mask vinyl we use for curtain sided vehicles and plant/machinery. It’s perfect for this type of thing. It’s only single use, you can’t re use the stencil. It’s pretty cheap though.
    You do need a smooth, sound surface though.

Drac

GIl at the Cycle Shed does them I think. He’s done me some transfers before.

http://www.thecycleshed.co.uk/bikegallery.html

Don’t let the website put you off.

integerspin
    Free Member

That should be three frames I recently painted. Not very good views, I have better pictures but can’t find them.
    To be honest if your going to buy the mask then paint it will probably be more expensive than buying decals, and more work. I wasn’t going to spend any money; I intended on flogging the cutter after I had used it, got three more frames to paint!
    It’s all paint, except a few fine details which are laser waterslides. The mask for some of it looked like:

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

I use diginate. Great quality and pretty cheap too

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone cut vinyl decals?’ is closed to new replies.