Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can anybody help me find a rear axle? Pleeeaaaassseeee!!!
  • 06awjudd
    Free Member

Hi all,
    After 3 months and 5 delays, I have finally given up on my order of this from Tredz (I bought it when it said there was 1 left, but there were none). It is the last part I need to finish off my build and I don’t want to give up valuable Easter holidays riding time waiting for it.

So I need another conversion axle from somewhere. I’ve found this , but I can’t seem to find anywhere in stock.

If anyone knows of a similar conversion axle that should convert my 12×135 rear hub to 10mm QR then please let me know.
    If anyone has one I can buy off them that would be amazing too – I’ll pay a fair price of course.

Thanks for any help!

06awjudd
    Free Member

Bump

STATO
    Free Member

Well i have used one of these before

heavy duty axle

but they are out of stock,

The one you want is due in stock shortly tho…

here

Or you could always use this…

sun axle

due in next week.

gazc
    Free Member

pretty ghetto but could be a quick fix till something decent arrives. i used a 12mm threaded bar with two nuts/washers from my local builders merchant and just filed the threads off to fit the dropouts. NOT pretty but it did the job!

STATO
    Free Member

Another option would be to get a aluminium 12mm axle and file some flats into it so it would slot into a 10mm dropout.

06awjudd
    Free Member

Hmm, yeah I may get the Sun Ringle axle. I’m reluctant to wait another week for the NP axle as I’ve been doing that for so long now, and it just gets delayed. I was really hoping someone might have one for sale, but obviously not. Thanks for the help anyway!

STATO
    Free Member

Well CRC are the importers for both Nukeproof and Sun-Ringle so if they have been stringing you along then maybe wait a week and then get something else. The 12mm axle filed down is an easy one and should only cost you £10-15.

I have a NP axle, sadly its in use or id have lent you it till one came in stock.

bradley
    Free Member

Could you not find a local engineering company and ask them to do you a massive favour for biscuits and cake perhaps, and just use a lathe to take a 12mm aluminium down to 10mm on the ends?

06awjudd
    Free Member

STATO: Yeah I think I’ll just cancel my order with tredz if the Sun one comes in stock. Thanks for the offer of hypothetically lending it to me 🙂
    BRADLEY: Yeah, that might be a good idea, but with possibly only a week to wait, not sure if it’s worth it.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can anybody help me find a rear axle? Pleeeaaaassseeee!!!’ is closed to new replies.