Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can any one help me out? I need 13mm OD x 8mm ID x1.5mm spacers Spc enduro 2003
  • kaesae
    Free Member

I’ve been helping someone service thier 2003 Specialized Enduro frame, however the spacers for the wheel drop out pivot are ruined and need to be replaced. The rider doesn’t want to buy a whole bearings kit from specialized as their bearings are crap.

Does anyone have any of these spacers lying around and can you give them to me, if you do I will of course be gratefull and be willing to help you out in the future.

The spacers are 13mm OD x 8mm ID x 1.5mm thick.

I know this is a long shot and that no one will probably answer, but before this guy has to fork out £40 at this time of year, which he can’t really afford, for some of the worst bearings in the industry, I thought I would ask.

😀

wwaswas

try a local engineering shop and see if they’ll drill and cut some 13mm rod for you?

clubber
    Free Member

I’d go on ebay and have a look – all sorts of funny offcuts there from machine shops and if you can find roughly what you’re after (particularly the tube of the right dims) the seller may well be able to machine them to size for you.

kaesae
    Free Member

I already thought about those two options, I have suppliers for alloy and titanium rods and tubing, 1.5mm is just too thin to work with and it would cost more in time effort and cost to make it worth doing.

Thanks for the responces, if you need anything and think I can help just let me know.

If anyone owns an older Specialized stumpjumper or Enduro and has changed the bearings then kept all of the mounting gear as spares and would like to help someone out, just get intouch.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Go to a diy shop and buy some washers that size?

scruff
    Free Member

DIY washers are generally Euro standard thickness.

richmars

So how much would you pay for some spacers made to your dimensions?

kaesae
    Free Member

richmars I’m going to be getting a lot of spacers remanufactured to complement my bearing kits. If you bounce over an email I’ll tell you what sizes I need and we can discuss prices. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can any one help me out? I need 13mm OD x 8mm ID x1.5mm spacers Spc enduro 2003’ is closed to new replies.