Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Can a webshop charge you extra without CC auth?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

I bought something on a well know web retailer – looked like cracking deal or poss a mistake – anyhow paid for it on CC and the card has been authorised.

I checked my account and now the account says the price is now much more (so I presume it was a mistake). Anyhow my CC has been debited. So I presume if it was a mistake they will not honour it but I presume the cannot add more onto the card to make it full price?

s
    Free Member

Was the transaction done over the phone or online FR?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Online with Mastercard secure code! I guess that means its encrypted then?

Diawl
    Free Member

Pair of forks with about £800.00 difference by any chance?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nope 😉 Something else similar 🙂 I expect they will do a refund like the people with the £800 forks above though 🙂

scaredypants

somebody said that the checkout page listed 899.99 rather than 89.99 – maybe happened to you too (presumably updated the price while your basket was live)

wwaswas

have they taken more from your CC than you thought they were going to or is it just that the price on the site has gone up and you’ve not now paid enough?

If it’s the latter they can’t take the extra but they don’t have to ship the goods for the price you paid if their t’s and c’s say they don’t consider an order ‘fulfilled’ until they ship the goods.

s
    Free Member

Did your email conformation from the retailer show the same price as what they took off your card?

Most online retailers if they spot the price error, will email to say the price was an error and withdraw the product & refund your card.

foxyrider
    Free Member

no email to say its wrong – the price on the purchase page when I bought it was the same as the invoice amount. I didn’t get a confirmation as you don’t until the item is in stock from this retailer IME.

S – no the auth amount on the CC is the same as what I expected – the new price on the website now is 3x as much.

We delete your online credit card details as soon as the order is processed.

So they do hold them?

druidh
    Free Member

FWIW, the law in Scotland prevents retailers from holding your card details.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Well we shall see…..

hora
    Free Member

I’m confused. Have you bought a mispriced item that’s actually been charged at the more correct price?

hora
    Free Member

I’m confused. Have you bought a mispriced item that’s actually been charged at the more correct price?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

I have been charged the 9mispriced) lowest price but now its on the site at the supposedly “correct” price. I guess they will notice at somepoint and cancel the transaction – I WAS asking is can they now charge me the full price (as my CC has been carged and authorised at the lower price) even though it was an online and supposedly encrypted transaction Hora!

😀

hora
    Free Member

Oh good. I can’t do with folk not buying at a good price for all 🙂

I still remember a lbs selling a bike for a tenth of the right price to a dishonest punter by accident!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Thanks for the insight Hora! 😆

Anyway – lets just leave it there now shall we about the dishonesty !

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Can a webshop charge you extra without CC auth?’ is closed to new replies.