Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Can a Dialled Alpine be used as a long haul friend?
  • sanct
    Free Member

Following an earlier post.
    Looking to buy a Dialled Alpine…
    I'm 6ft4 and will be using it for all day missions in the Surrey Hills, trail centres and in the Alps (long, multiple day rides)
    How comfy is the Alpine?
    Is it more suited to short heroic downhill biased days or would it suit me (according to set up) for all day and multiple day missions?
    Advice appreciated.. ta

Vortexracing

Even though mine is a bit short in the TT (my choice to buy that size BTW)

With my 66sl's at 140mm and a std set of wheels and tyres it is perfectly suitable for all day ride's

My view is that is very comfy, mate had a go on mine and said it was no different to his genesis steel frame.

Because i also have Cotic Soul my all day rides tend to be on that, because that only weighs 25lb.

The good thing about it is with an adjustable fork it will sorted for Surry but also ideal when you go to the Alps and wind the fork out.

What fork had you in mind?

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Aren't they used for guiding in the alps?

Your answer lies in there somewhere.

forge197
    Free Member

I find it comfortable for the long haul, it's an awesome bike great fun to ride, it's in it's elements heading down but does an excellent job on the Singletrack trails and everything in between.

Running Fox 36's on mine.

jimmy

I ride mine all day. Well, I would if I actually rode these days. I *have* ridden it all day and it is short. As long as you can put up with the weight its fine and still a hoot on the descents.

Jamie
    Free Member

Do 50 mile XC on mine and can still walk fine after 😉

sanct
    Free Member

Thanks for feed back
    Chucky I'm thinking Lyric U Turns so I can swap between Surrey Hils and more extreme stuff. I have Fox RLC130's at the mo which may bridge the gap before Lyrics.

Vortexracing

Chucky I'm thinking Lyric U Turns so I can swap between Surrey Hils and more extreme stuff

thats how I use my 66sl's.

The only thing you can't get away from witha big fork like the lyrics or My zocchis is the weight, but fork weight is up to you. The frame is perfectly ok for all day rides, I just think that at around 130-140 it's geometry is better suited to the trail riding, @ 160mm is a bit slack for me in twisty singletrack.

But bloody hell does it descend well at 160mm !!! 😆

mildred

I believe the guides at Trail Addiction use them (check out the silhouette):

http://www.trailaddiction.com/

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Can a Dialled Alpine be used as a long haul friend?’ is closed to new replies.