Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Campsites on Jersey
  • Ioneonic

Cycle camping trip in summer, 4 adults, 4 kids in total (12y olds). Just 2 nights so fancy staying each night in different campsites. Pool would be great / near the beach. Any recommendations on this, or specific routes/beaches to visit?

Kamakazie

All the best beaches are in the West with my fav being Plemont.

Other great beaches (there are loads):
    St Ouen (surfing & other activities)
    Portelet
    St Brelade (nice family beach with kayaks etc and a good base to paddle round to some smaller bays)

There aren’t many campsites on the island so I’d probably do Daisy Cottage (North West near Plemont etc) & Rozel (North East near the Zoo, Gorey Castle). I’ve not stayed at either as I lived there so others may be able to comment better.

Some good country lane cycling to be found around each and some nice routes to get between the 2 (country lanes & 15mph ‘green’ lanes), with stop offs like Devils Hole, Bonne Nuit or Bouley Bay.

PM if you want more info on anything & I’ll see what I can help with.

Ioneonic

That is really helpful thanks. I’ll take a look at those suggestions.

philstone

This is all good advice – any questions drop me an email – I live here 😉

simonpedley

We are camping at Rozel camping park in a few weeks. The lady we spoke to was very friendly and helpful. We have booked a south facing plot which has enough space for an vango illusion 800 tent. She recommended the plot due to the size of our tent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Campsites on Jersey’ is closed to new replies.