Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Campsites in the Lakes at Easter
  • rolfharris
    Free Member

It might well be asking a little much, but can anyone think of any campsites that will have room left for 10 cyclists in tents on easter weekend? Ideally with easy access to either Helvellyn or Conistion/Grizedale…

Spud

Try Coniston Hall Campsite.

geoffj

Depends on how many tents you will need and whether they think you are going to be a stag party.
    Try here for a starter: http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/campsites.htm

snowslave

The Low Wray campsite is a national trust one – you can’t book pitches. So on the negative side, erm you can’t book pitches. But on the positive side if you rock up early enough you will probably get pitches!

rolfharris
    Free Member

We’d be arriving on the Thursday so hopefully there’d be something as a fall back.

Coniston Hall is top of my list already, but it is a popular one.

lowey

I have never heard of Coniston Hall turning anyone away!! They just pack em in and let you fend for yourself.

Mayhem. I love the place camping with the lads, but wouldnt dream of taking the family there.

rolfharris
    Free Member

Fortunately it’s not a family event. Also prime spot for riding Walna Scar in an evening.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

try scotland……….

used to live in the lakes i left on easter weekends

Muke
    Free Member

UKCampsites.co.uk has contact details/reviews of lots of sites.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You’ll definitely get into this one at Patterdale – Side Farm http://www.lakedistrictcamping.co.uk/campsites/northeast/side_farm.htm.

We stayed there a few years ago on the 2nd bank holiday in May. Arrived on the Thursday night and loads of space, went for a ride on the Friday and when we came back the place was packed. Top tip would be to leave your car beside your tent on the Friday – if you don’t there will be a tent in the space. 5 mins walk from Patterdale, amazing Ulswater bridleway runs past the campsite, nice showers, etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Campsites in the Lakes at Easter’ is closed to new replies.