Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Campsites in the Lake District
  • flumewelck
    Free Member

Hi. I’m going to the Lake District for 3 nights on the 19th so I’m looking for a campsite with food nearby.

simondbarnes

I like Sykeside

[url=https://flic.kr/p/GYoRGu]Campsite panorama[/url] by Simon Barnes, on Flickr

flumewelck
    Free Member

Looks cool thanks.

postierich
    Free Member

The Lakes is quite a big area would you like to narrow it down a bit I know some good ones next to the best drinking establishments 🙂

martinhutch

Turner Hall in Seathwaite – short stroll to a good pub, at the foot of Walna Scar.

flumewelck
    Free Member

Sadly not drunk alcohol 23yrs. I’ve not got any routes planed yet..thought I’d find a basic camp with food nearby first because I can’t be arsed cooking ..I’ll kip in my litter caddy.

postierich
    Free Member

usually the best cheapish food establishments in the Lakes serve beer but if your not way inclined my knowledge will be of no good to you 🙂 sorry to hear about the 23 yrs without an alcoholic beverage

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Is it Sykeside where you need a jackhammer to get pegs in?

simondbarnes

Is it Sykeside where you need a jackhammer to get pegs in?

I’ve never had any bother. No hammer at all in my cycletouring kit, pegs went in fine.

flumewelck
    Free Member

Yes thought pubs would be the easiest places to get grub after a ride,
    I don’t mind not drinking really.
    I’d probably not got into mountain biking. Wich is much more fun than my pub used to be.

jameswilliams54
    Free Member

We tend to use the coniston hall campsite as its cheap and no booking required
    Its a 10 min walk in coniston which has a couple of pubs and takeaways etc
    Also you can ride from the camp site to lots of local southern lakes stuff

slackboy

I like Bays Brown in Langdale. Good food at the Wainright pub about 10 minute walk down the road.

sofaboy73
    Free Member

There’s a lovely cheap & basic campsite in buttermere (there’s only one so you can’t miss it). In between buttermere and crummuck water, 2 decent enough pubs in staggering distance (bridge for food and fishes for drinking on the terrace looking at the view), the farm does lovely breakfasts, they allow you to have raised fires or have a campfire down on the edge of crummuck water in the evening and you wake up to a cracking view of red pike, high stile & high cragg every morning (which is a great walk)

tall_martin

I liked the yha at Windermere last week. Bit of a walk to the closest pub, but a lovey site

flumewelck
    Free Member

Nice 1. A few to look at thanks.
    I’ll probably look at what trails/routes are around the the ones I fancy staying at. Mate can’t make it so I’ll ride the easier trails..if I find some.

flumewelck
    Free Member

8) bookmarked those. Thanks

postierich
    Free Member

Cannot fault this campsite for a fiver a night no showers but just pop to the YHA for a shower or go for a swim in the Tarn stayed last night 🙂
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Tyz6ri]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr
    Campsite bottom left of picture
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/Tyz7mz]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Campsites in the Lake District’ is closed to new replies.