Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Campsites in Pembrokeshire (& Southwest Wales)???
  • marklamarr
    Free Member

Holiday season means putting in some time with the other half. So my bright idea is camping!
    Any recommendations for campsite and B&B around Pembroke region (St Davids, White Haven, Milford Haven….etc)

I am purposefully looking to avoid the large sites with static vans and screaming kids.

geoffj

Caerfai Farm (not bay) Campsite, St David’s.

The view from Three Cliffs Bay campsite, Penmaen, Gower – no statics and very relaxed….

Pic taken in April when we went down with our tourer.

See how packed the beach is? 😉

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Esme
    Free Member

I don’t think it has a website, but Morawelon Campsite in Newport (north Pembrokeshire) would be perfect

rkk01
    Free Member

3 cliffs bAy is greAt. Live too close to camp.

Further west, Barrafundle is supposed to be one of the UKs best beaches

Camping- never really bother with anything other than Portclais in that part of the world

greeng
    Free Member

Had a week camping at Ty Parke near St. David’s earlier this Summer. There are only about 10 pitches and if you ask for a secluded one you can be at least a few minutes walk from the next tent – very much on your own! Each pitch has a picnic bench and a fire pit with swing-over grill and there is plenty of wood available for you to chop for fires.

Whitesands beach is only about 10 minutes away, good food available at the Sloop Inn in Porthgain.

Highly recommended – it may be booked up, however, and you would definitely need to book in advance.

PiknMix
    Free Member

West Hook farm nr Martins Haven (Marloes) is a lovely site (weather permitting) its right on the peninsula so can be a bit exposed during rough weather but the views make up for that. Backs right onto the coastal path as well if that’s your thing.

Just spent 5 weeks (not all at the campsite) doing a geological field trip there so if you want to know anything about the rocks 😉

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Saw a campsite at Newgale beach which looked to be in a nice spot. Great beach. Just next to a pub. But it is a flat field. And there’s a road between campsite and beach.

Have you tried ukcampsite.co.uk?

geoffj

Saw a campsite at Newgale beach which looked to be in a nice spot. Great beach. Just next to a pub. But it is a flat field. And there’s a road between campsite and beach.
    Have you tried ukcampsite.co.uk?

That would be perfect if you are into surfing or kite stuff, but whenever I drive past there it seems to be either flooded, or full of youth groups or both. 😕

There is supposed to be a vert nice, but basic site near Bosherston, which is handy for Barafundle Bay.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That would be perfect if you are into surfing or kite stuff, but whenever I drive past there it seems to be either flooded, or full of youth groups or both.

Ah right, fairynuff. I only saw it for the first time in June – looked alright then. Pity if it’s not great – Newgale’s a lovely beach.

inigomontoya
    Free Member

There’s a really nice little campsite at manorbier, not much by way of facilities but I like that.

Twin
    Free Member

Great campsite called Trevayne Farm between Tenby and Saundersfoot. Really good caming facilities and you can access the Pembokeshire coastal path from the bottom of the site, or go down over the steps straight onto the beach. Its about 25 mins walk to Saundersfoot and 45 mins to Tenby along the path.
    There are only a dozen or so static vans and they’re away from the camping area, we’ve had some lovely peaceful weeks there.
    Or you could try Drefnewydd Farm in Aberaeron in Cardigan Bay, lovely little site with no statics and only about 1/2 hours drive from Nant Yr Arian if you fancy taking your bike. Right on the sea front and 10 mins walk from the town.

marklamarr
    Free Member

wow, great response!
    Thanks everyone

Eyepic
    Free Member

If you go near Bosheston as well as Barafundal Bay there is also Broad Haven South and the Bosheston lilly ponds…. It would be nigh on impossible to over estimate how stunning those beaches are on a nice day…

3 Cliffs in the Gower is v similar (in a way) and also stunning.

Pembs id fantastic when the weather is good … but sh1ty in the winter.

nickhart
    Free Member

Newgale outside of haverfordwest, Newport near cardigan very beautiful royal oak does good grub. Look round porthgain and the blue lagoon in the next bay round lovely walk and great watching the coasteering.

mattstreet

Another vote for Caerfai Farm campsite. Stayed there earlier this year – can be a bit windy but truly stunning views (if you get a good pitch) and a great little farm shop. Also, easy walking distance into and back from St. David’s for a few drinkies in the Farmer’s Arms.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Campsites in Pembrokeshire (& Southwest Wales)???’ is closed to new replies.