Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Campsite- with a few pubs closeby within 1hour of Manchester recommendations?
  • hora
    Free Member

Maybe with abit of riding nearby? 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

Jerusalem Farm campsite in Luddenden Dean. Definitely near great riding and a decent pub 10 minutes up the hill. Very wooded and sheltered so take mossie coils for the evening midges.

http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/details.asp?revid=4336

Garry_Lager

Stayed at the one just outside Hope this year. Ale – check. Riding – check. Clean bogs and showers – check.

One drawback is that we have kids and there was really nothing at all for them to do on the site other than throw stones in the river. We weren’t looking for a big continental-style entertainment complex, but it’s nice if there’s a couple of things to distract them.

binners

Why would you go camping within an hour of home? Why not just camp in your back garden, and go for a ride round the water park? You could nip for a pint in the marble afterwards

There’s one in Bury. You could get the tram there in half an hour

hora
    Free Member

Jerusalem Farm

How far is 10mins- walk or drive to the pub?

Stayed at the one just outside Hope this year

Which one?

I’m sure we rode past one just outside of Castleton yesterday? (or could have just imagined it- bottom of Hollins Cross).

chudsy
    Free Member

New Delight Inn at Blackshaw Head, campsite next to pub and close to Mary Towneley loop, PBW and Hebden Bridge.

hora
    Free Member

New Delight Inn at Blackshaw Head

We stayed there last August in the worse thunderstorm every- nice pub. Could be a starter/thanks for reminding me 🙂

globalti
    Free Member

The map shows a pub called the Cat i’ th’well about 800 m from the campsite. Pahaps 15-20 minutes walking then.

dan1980
    Free Member

Hayfield?

http://www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk/campsites/uk/derbyshire/highpeak/hayfield

Pub very close on Kinder Road, and Hayfield village only 10 minutes walk away, with a choice of 4 other pubs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Campsite- with a few pubs closeby within 1hour of Manchester recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.