Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Campsite recommendations North Wales.
  • captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I’m looking at taking off for a few days this week, just me, the 4×4 and a tent, and maybe a bike.
    I’m heading along the A55 and likely to head out to Anglsey (Red Wharf Bay is out as they are arrogant and closed). Then on to the Lleyn Peninsula, followed by, by anywhere really. the Cambrian Coast or inland.
    Nothing too fancy, just good views to wake up to would be good.

Recommend away, please?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

GWERN GOF ISAF – CAPEL CURIG

Only about a fiver a night, close to Marin and Penmachno.

Pretty basic but got the cantilever stone mountain right behind it, which you can get to out the back of the campsite!

Sandwich

Gwern Gof Uchaf just down the road also. Dolgam about 300m from Tin Y Coed. There’s also the site across the road from the Vanyol Arms in Llanberis Pass.

martinhutch

There’s also the site across the road from the Vanyol Arms in Llanberis Pass.

Shudders.

Anglesey-wise, there’s a nice one with a bar just down from South Stack on Holyhead Island – Anglesey Outdoor Centre I think it’s called now. 10 mins from the beach, nice pitches, a fiver a night or so.

The walk across Holyhead mountain to North Stack is awesome.

Spud

I think they’re open, Riverside in Betws. Have a small tent field at the back of the caravan site. 5 mins to village centre, great facilities. Only takes two-person max tents.

tuboflard

Riverside is a nice site and very handy for the middle of Betws and the pub. If you want something a bit more remote the Gwern Gof Uchaf site beneath Tryfan is a great spot in my opinion though not much else to do round there and certainly no options to go for a pub meal on an evening without getting in a car.

greentricky
    Free Member

Dinas Campsite, just south of Harlech is nice if you want quite and rural

ebygomm
    Free Member

Aberafon campsite

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

Aberafon looks the ticket.
    Thanks for the suggestions. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Campsite recommendations North Wales.’ is closed to new replies.