Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Campsite recommendations: Lake District
  • flyingmonkeycorps

I’m after a campsite, preferably South Lakes that’s close to some good walking – a bit off the beaten track would be good, maybe somewhere round Kentmere kind of area. Basic is fine, ability to have fires even better.

lowey

Turner Hall Farm, Duddon Valley.

Brilliant location.

surfer
    Free Member

The Quiet site is nice, own pub on site!

badllama
    Free Member

Eskdale

Top site stay every year 3 pubs within walking distance as is the Ravensglass miniature railway 🙂
    Nice family walks along the River Esk, big mountain walks near by

Junkyard
    Free Member

Fisherground instead if you have young kids

Both are family sites so no noise after 10 or 11 pm I forget which
    Strictly enforced IME [ not me to be clear]

Garry_Lager

Fisherground seconded – lovely site with fires but they do run a tight ship. Not the place for people who bridle at rules, there’s a list of about 20 at the front gate…

OTOH they’d tackle any sort of antisocial behaviour no problem, whereas many campsites wouldn’t be arsed getting involved IME.

fathomer

We’ve stayed at Baybrown Farm a couple of times and it’s always been nice and quite. Basic but the views are lovely.

http://baysbrownfarmcampsite.co.uk/

BadlyWiredDog

Turner Hall Farm, Duddon Valley.

+1

But bear in mind that anything that’s featured in Cool Camping is liable to be overwhelmed in the summer.

flyingmonkeycorps

Thanks muchly, looks like some goodies there. It’ll be just me and my brother but if we’re awake after ten I’ll be amazed, so quiet is great.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

We liked the Quiet site too.

Also stayed in one by Ulverston, Poole foot? That was flipping awful. Scum bags camp site. Worst nights sleep I’ve ever had.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Campsite recommendations: Lake District’ is closed to new replies.