Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campsite recommendations for Fort William and Ae forest please.
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

As per title, i’m off to Ae, Fort Bill and Inners in August and want to know where to camp please? I will be doing uplifts at all three venues, so close to the trails as possible.

cheers in advance.

grum
    Free Member

It’s not very near but if you fancied stopping before you get to Fort William the Red Squirrel campsite in Glencoe is lovely.

Are you going to be doing it solo? How would you feel about someone tagging along for the day at Ae or Inners? Want to get some more uplift days in but don’t know many people up for it round here.

peterfile
    Free Member

Glen Nevis has great facilities, close to Nevis Range and has a bar/restaurant within walking distance. The midges will eat you alive though 🙂

As Grum mentioned, RS is awesome. 10 minutes walk to the Clachaig and you can have a campfire. That said, you’ll be adding on an extra 30-45 minutes to your journey by not staying somewhere closer to Nevis Range.

BoardinBob

Stayed in Glen Nevis at the weekend.

Brilliant campsite with great facilities. Brilliant location too. Don’t book in advance as it costs £10 extra to do so. The place is huge so no problems turning up without a booking.

Bagstard
    Free Member

Hi Grum, I’m looking at arranging a private uplift at Ae on wednesday 8th of August and will need to fill spaces to make it a goer, so the more the merrier. From there I will be going up to the fort for two days and back down for the Inners weekend uplift, you will be welcome to join for any of it.

Ideally I would want to avoid driving after getting to each venue as we will be doing so much driving anyway. Thanks for the heads up on not advance booking! Pretty sure it was Glen Nevis I stayed at last time, very nice bar the midgies!

grum
    Free Member

Cheers – I don’t think I will be able to make it as far north as Fort William sadly (was up there a few weeks ago though, it’s brilliant) and I’m working on the saturday – but put me down for the uplift day on the 8th August please. 🙂

Bagstard
    Free Member

Ok, just to confirm what is happening, today I will speak to Tally and make sure the day is available, then tomorrow I will post on here to guage interest as I don’t want to be left paying for empty seats, It will be £31.50 per person and to cover myself I will need to take money in advance.

After Fort Bill I will be doing the Inners uplift both days, so feel free to hook up on the sunday if you are around. Also solomanda is looking at a late August trip and will be doing a day of inners uplift.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campsite recommendations for Fort William and Ae forest please.’ is closed to new replies.