Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Campsite Recommendation – Bourg D'Oisans
  • jlc
    Free Member

Just looking for a campsite to stay at for a couple of weeks in summer. Ideally somewhere where you can walk to a few bars / restaurant but also good access to road riding routes and ideally with a swimming pool to cool off at the end of the day. Prefer to pay a little extra for a good campsite as will be there for a couple of weeks. Also is Bourg a good place to stay for a couple of weeks?

trail_rat
    Free Member

la cascade. right at the foot of the alp dhuez

dont be tempted by la piscine across the road unless you like loud euro impersonators of elvis and loud disco music every night of the week.

and vernis is miles away from anything.

try allemond – not sure if their sites have pool or not though.

ive been back to bourg twice now. love it.

lunge

I was going to recommend La Piscine but it clearly changed a bit since I last visited.

However, Bourg is a great place to stay, nice little town with real restaurants and bars and serious riding on your doorstep. Les Deux Alpe is just up the valley road, d’Huez is obviously just up the hill, Galibier and Col du Telegraph are also close. You’re also only an hour from Grenoble which I think is a great little town.

taxi25
    Free Member

http://www.rcn.nl/en/camping/france/alpe-d-huez/rcn-belledonne/home

Went past this place a few times when we stayed in Bourg this August. Looked quite nice, thinking of renting a caravan there for nxt year.

vickypea
    Free Member

We stayed at la piscine two years ago for a week of cycling. The setting at the foot of Alpe D’Huez was stunning, the swimming pool was really good, and the facilities fine. There was music at the bar, but it had generally stopped by the time we wanted to go to sleep. Twice we had problems from other campers being noisy into the early hours but we got a discount for that after we complained.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Remember to pack your budgie smugglers 😳

zero-cool
    Free Member

Allemonde always used to be pretty good and right next to the shuttle bus. And there’s a pool within
    Walking distance

richardthird

Allemond. Foot of Col du Sabot for a bit of a warm up 😉 then you’re really well located for Glandon, CDF, Tel & Galibier, etc etc etc

superfli
    Free Member

The municipal campsite Le Plan in Allemond is basic, but v.cheap+friendly+quiet. It also has a swimming pool next to it. A good bar/hotel run by some Dutch is opposite + bakers+bus stop outside. http://www.camping-leplan-allemont.com/

Very good location for Alpe D’Huez trails and runs straight back to campsite, although Bourg D’Osians would be better for bars/restaurants+ access to both AdH + 2Alpes.

ransos
    Free Member

Bear in mind that it can get very hot there – during La Marmotte 2013, I recorded 40 degrees at the bottom of AdH.

superfli
    Free Member

It can also get very cold in the summer! It was more like winter there for Mega this year, very miserable weather (I had to buy winter gloves)

ransos
    Free Member

It can also get very cold in the summer! It was more like winter there for Mega this year, very miserable weather (I had to buy winter gloves)

Mega’s a lot higher up though…it was pretty cold at the top when we were there.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Campsite Recommendation – Bourg D'Oisans’ is closed to new replies.