Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Campsite or site to camp, devon please?
  • walla24
    Free Member

Evening folks, have a special friend visiting and am looking for a place to camp. Must be in devon, near exeter, newton abbot or dartmoor.
    Proper paid site is ok if it is going to be really quiet or anyone recommend just a pretty spot to pitch a tent?
    Thank you for your help.
    Jon

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Have a look at ukcampsite.co.uk for excellent review section of paid campsites…it's the STW of camping I reckon. Failing that, I don't know of any pretty spots in the area to which you're referring…sorry.

walla24
    Free Member

Thanks dd I will check that out. Meanwhile if anyone can suggest a good spot that turns out good I will make a small but worthwhile donation to a charity if their choice.
    Cheers

eviljoe
    Free Member

You can camp on Dartmoor for nothing as long as you can't be seen from the road-How special is your friend? how about Lustleigh?

jam-bo

You can camp on Dartmoor for nothing as long as you can't be seen from the road

plenty of people camp on dartmoor well within sight of the road. i drive past them on the way to work every morning.

yunki
    Free Member

I've never really considered camping in Devon cos I live there… so any camping is usually whatever bit of land looks nice or in a mates garden..

so.. errr
    As a child we went camping as a family to

the River Dart Country Park and also Finlake.. both are quite big commercial ventures.

Gunz
    Free Member

The one behind the Plume of Feathers pub in Princetown isn't too big, is nicely kept and the pub does great food/beer. It's also right on the moor with good riding about 20m from your tent (about 1 1/2 miles from the Widowmaker which is a cracker).

walla24
    Free Member

Venford reservoir won, donation made to male cancer awareness campaign. Thanks

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Campsite or site to camp, devon please?’ is closed to new replies.