Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Campsite near Padstow?
  • benman
    Free Member

Planning to head off to Cornwall next week with the tent, and looking for recommendations for a campsite near Padstow?

Looked at a few options/reviews online, but STW usually comes up trumps for this kind of thing.

Also looking for recommendations of things to do – looked at Camel trail, Eden project, Port Isaac etc.

Any other recommendations of good stuff to do, places to eat, maybe things off the normal tourist routes…?

Thanks in advance

muppet4
    Free Member

I recommend the mother Ivy’s bay campsite, very nice facilities and it’s own beach over looking the bay. Also a VERY nice fish restaurant in Port Issac called the mote but I wouldn’t bother with Rick Steins chippy again – looked at the portion and wouldn’t red where the rest was ! And they weren’t that nice either.
    Didn’t take the bikes though only boards.
    Oh and a nice cafe at Tintagel castle too!

muddydwarf
    Free Member

South Penquite Farm – on Bodmin Moor and just above the beginning of the Camel Trail. Absolutely fantastic place, the pub in Blisland (a short walk downhill) is ace!

gwaelod
    Free Member

Stayed at Ruthern Valley campsite earlier this year – quite a bit inland from Padstow – near Wadebridge really – but short cycle down a small road to get on Camel trail. Small, clean, quiet and very friendly and kid friendly. We stayed in a chaley mind..not a tent, but camping area was good.

Home

Not much in the way of night life nearby though…

Selled
    Free Member

For eating – Port Gaverne hotel near Port Isaac, great fish and superb Crab Soup.

benman
    Free Member

Thanks for the pointers so far, I will get googling.

Any recommendations for beaches?

Anyone eaten at Rick Steins restaurant or cafe? (Sounds like the chippy is worth a miss!)

weeble
    Free Member

Stayed at Higher Harlyn campsite just outside padstow last month, greatsite with heated swimming pool and excellent facilities

matt22
    Free Member
    jkomo

http://www.polzeathcamping.co.uk/?tour=tristram-polzeath
    This over looks the beach, sea and coast, it has an on site Curry house. (No I’m not shitting you).
    Padstow is accessed by boat from rock, a couple of miles walk.
    This means you don’t haveto drive or park in Padstow which can get busy.
    It is expensive, but it’s flipping awesome.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Campsite near Padstow?’ is closed to new replies.