Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campsite in Fort William
  • pictonroad

So, it looks like I’ve been persuaded to take the bus up for the world cup!

Anyone recommend a site that’s near the action? We don’t need much in the way of facilities, shower and loo should do it.

Cheers

James

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Lochy Campsite at Victoria Bridge is OK and just a short pedal to the event, first along the road then via Torlundy Wood (Witches XC trail). It’s a big site but it will be very busy.

Storer76

Lochy are great, but fully booked now. You could try Glen Nevis site – they hold 150-odd pitches on a first come first served basis, or maybe Linnhe Lochside (they’re a bit further away)

peterfile
    Free Member

Glen Nevis is good, but will be very very busy this weekend (possibly full).

Red Squirrel is a bit of a trek for Nevis Range (about 35 mins drive), but it’s decent and close to a great pub.

Would you consider wild camping? There are good showers at the tourist info in Ft William that you can use.

pictonroad

Cheers for the advice, have now booked Torlundy Farm which is walking distance to the event apparently.

What I need to know now, is it worth taking pub bikes to get into Fort William town for party time?

easygirl

Hoping glen nevis has at least one space for our camper!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Torlundy Farm is the best place to stay for weekend action. If you have your bikes you can nip back for supplies etc etc.

Both my parents live in the Fort, at different sides of town. No pitching space in the garden, however.

Also, if I was visiting I’d be camping by the Loch & Canal in Corpach. There’s showers etc but I can’t imagine British Waterways would be keen on the masses decending.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campsite in Fort William’ is closed to new replies.