Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Campsite in Anglesey
  • Mounty_73

Can anyone suggest a good campsite in Anglesey please, near to the coast and with at least one good pub within walking distance? 🙂

martinhutch

I remember one I used to use for climbing at Gogarth. It was based at an activity centre near Porth Dafarch, just outside Holyhead. I vaguely remember a bar on site.

Did camp on here once and walk along a precipitous coastal path to Holyhead to go drinking, but not sure any of that is healthy.

chorlton
    Free Member

Golden Sunset clif top camping in Benllech. Ship Inn is a walk across the bay.

breninbeener

The west coast is nicer, and although i live very close i often camp at Treaddur Bay. Its lovely for some kayaking and there are nice pubs around too.

boblo
    Free Member

Do not go into Holyhead, it (and its inhabitants) needs gassing…

Saccades
    Free Member
    chestrockwell

Do not go into Holyhead, it (and its inhabitants) needs gassing…

If you are single, male and English just go to a nightclub in Hollyhead as you won’t need to make sleeping arrangements.

boblo
    Free Member

Yes but you may have nightmares….

rudebwoy
    Free Member

in rhosneiger there is a campsite that caters mainly for tents , is very close to all amenities yet feels in the country -mainly because of the big fields that give it space–its just by the school -we live localish and go there because its laid back , you can be on the beach in 5 mins or in any of the pubs in the same time –you can get there by train or bus from bangor…

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Bagnol campsite at Treaddur Bay. Turn left at the beach keeping the sea on your right and head up the hill. Really nice clean toilets and showers. There’s another one a bit higher up which has a little club/bar if that’s your thing. Best eating is at the Seacroft but depends on your tolerance for self centred yacht owners and their cronies.

Cougar

in rhosneiger there is a campsite that caters mainly for tents

Oh, I’ve been there I think, went with an armful of power kites a few years ago. It was lovely.

I was working in Manchester at the time. Went away for a weekend to “get away from it all,” popped into the local pub for a quick one and the first thing I saw was the cricket on TV at Old Trafford with my office block in the background, and Boddington’s on tap. Damn it. (-:

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Campsite in Anglesey’ is closed to new replies.