Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Campsite fail …..
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

Arrived at a campsite last night 11.30 after 200kms …..to find said campsite has a no tent policy – the arguement that my bivy wasnt a tent didnt wash either,,,,,,

Must pop in and thank him because i had a great nights kip on the sandy shores of the loch and a great view in the morning of a sun rise over the loch : reason for campsite is said loch is in town and didnt fancy some drunken neds stumbling over me on way home

.duncan
    Free Member

double thread fail…

trail_rat
    Free Member

spotting the obvious non fail ……good effort have a gold star and a smiley face .

mrsflash
    Free Member

how is it a campsite if it has a no tent policy????

trail_rat
    Free Member

Exactly !

Sign at gate said campsite. Get further in and it becomes clear it should read caravan site – see a sign that shows a tent with a red x through it

apparently it used to be a campsite but was 'upgraded' to a caravan site but old signage remains !

bruneep

location?

mrsflash
    Free Member

idiots.

trail_rat
    Free Member

forfar. Seems i wasnt the only one caught out – 2 of todays audaxers turned up there last night having stayed their last year ….. Got told to jog on

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Forfar 4, Fife 5.

zokes
    Free Member

PMSL @ EGF

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

Essellgruntfuttock – get it right mate. Forfar 4, East Fife 5.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Quite a lot of parks are like this are they not? (different/more arduous licensing?)

Best to check first!

coffeeking
    Free Member

how is it a campsite if it has a no tent policy????

Camping is not restricted to tents. Caravans are classed as camping too. As I said in a thread a second ago that seems to have been removed, planning fail!

Edit – Observation fail, double thread.

thepurist

Caravanning is to camping as outdoor gas grills are to BBQs. FACT.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Caravanning is to camping as outdoor gas grills are to BBQs. FACT.

Caravanning is to camping what wheelchairs are to walking – a way of people who otherwise couldn't getting out and enjoying the countryside. Consider yourself fortunate in being able to enjoy a tent. Not everyone can spend a night on the cold hard floor without waking up a cripple, and once you pull up with your car, tent, cookers, inflatable matress, etc etc you might as well be caravanning with a little more headroom!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Planning fail – i intended to bivy out in glen isla but was ahead of schedule so blasted out the last 15 miles so no miles to do before 8am sunday. So had nothing booked .

Legs sore today – **** oil rig is up a stair case thats akin to a ladder – lucky my colleagues ran a marathon and a 10 k yesterday so we all a touch sore

As far as caravan being camping'….no caravanning is caravanning ….annd As for cars full of kit -i had a dry bag under the bars and one under the saddle – gonna get a longflap camper ordered this week it is the business after getting a good look at one yesterday

mrsflash
    Free Member

Camping is not restricted to tents. Caravans are classed as camping too

But if you don’t accept tents you are a caravan site, not a campsite!

coffeeking
    Free Member

But if you don’t accept tents you are a caravan site, not a campsite!

Camping = tents or caravans.

ergo campsite can refer to tents or caravans. Actually campsite tends to refer to touring caravan sites whereas caravan sites tend to be statics.

As far as caravan being camping'….no caravanning is caravanning

I see where you're coming from. Doesn't make it a caravan site though IMO.

myheadsashed

You saved yourself some money and didn't spend it on some grump old ****t what you moaning about……..

DrJ

Forfar 5, East Fife 4 seems harder to say …

Obi_Twa
    Free Member

How about Four for Forfar, East Fife 5.

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Forfar 5, East Fife 4 seems harder to say …

and was the actual score…

zokes
    Free Member

WGAF?

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Campsite fail …..’ is closed to new replies.