Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • campsite books
  • milkyman
    Free Member

ok I have asked about tents and seen other posts about tents, so I think im going to start camping again, I not got a ton of money and there a lot of parts of the UK that I would like to see
    so is there a book that ant one could recommend that had a list of all sites in the uk, Im after a book rather that e-book or web site as I want to keep it in my van, also is it worth joining the camping and caravanning club, my last memory of using one of there sites is that I found it a little bit stuffy to be honest
    cheers
    craig

dti

cool camping,

Cougar

Cool Camping is a) the best book and b) the one everyone uses which means that all the sites in it are rammed.

Cross-reference with UK Camping: http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/chatter/

CraigW
    Free Member

You can buy a map from Scottish Camping. http://www.scottishcamping.com/
    Only covers Scotland obviously. I think it is pretty good, it has just about all campsites, and has useful details for each site.

Marin
    Free Member

Cool camping is good. Found it best to go to the nearest site to one mentioned in the book as they are quiter. Also less facilities the better for me. More chilled out and less overly loud voiced glampers.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

craigw – followed your link – thanks, I like the look of this

ElShalimo

Agree with most of above. Cool Camping was a great idea but has proved to be so popular that a lot of the camp sites have been ruined by their new found popularity. The sites offering the most basic facilities seem less affected.

If you join the C&CC you can get discounts in many camping shops, decent discounts on ferries and EuroTunnel too. Plus reduced rate pitches on their sites. It’s certainly worth joining if you plan on going over to Europe.

Also remember that not all sites are in the camping guide books. This place is usually good for suggesting campsites if you’re heading somewhere new.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘campsite books’ is closed to new replies.