Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Campsite between Afan and Brecon (beginning of The Gap)?
  • druff
    Free Member

Hi all,

Looking for a campsite somewhere between Afan and Brecon/The Gap – I’ll be riding at Afan on a Saturday and intend to then ride The Gap on the Sunday – I’d quite like to stay somewhere in between, preferably with a decent pub nearby for food in the evening.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Dan.

IHN

Pencelli Castle in Pencelli is always my campsite of choice for Gap riding fun.

Lovely site, pub 100yds away, lots of pubs a mile or so away in Talybont.

dknwhy

I like Talybont Farm campsite in Talybont on Usk. Nice pubs, modern shower block.
    Pubs are 2 minute stroll from the campsite. Food in the Star is better.
    Village shop and cafe too.

druff
    Free Member

Thanks both – that’s helpful.

argoose
    Free Member

My back yard

cyclebiker

Can second the Pencelli Castle campsite. Stayed there late last year for some walking. Facilities are good and the site is well arranged. Unfortunately when I was the the pub was shut…had a 2 mile walk to the next pub 🙁

faz083
    Free Member

Unless you’re set on camping I would highly recommend The Allt B&B in Talybont. Well within riding distance of the gap (did it and then followed the Usk back to Talybont from that B&B), when I went in August it was £30 a night with an amazing breakfast (peanuts tbh for b&b) and the accommodation was excellent, beautiful shower etc.

http://www.theallt.com/

not a shameless plug, Im a regular! honest! it really was that good!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Campsite between Afan and Brecon (beginning of The Gap)?’ is closed to new replies.