Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Campsite base in North Wales
  • thebunk

Hello, need recommendations for campsites in North Wales for me and the missus. Close to some trail centres and the wild stuff. Also walking distance to a pub (important!).

None of them massive caravanning sites with fun things to do please, we ain't into all that!

takisawa2

Torrent Walk near Dolgellau is handy for MachX & CyB. Pretty quiet, has secure bike store, bike wash etc, & excellent showers. Dolgellau short walk away. £7 as night.

scruzer
    Free Member

i forgot name for now but the farm campsite in Bewt c y coed is ideal and easy walking to town. 2 trail centres on ya door step Penmachno and marin along with lots of natural trails. really beautiful part of the world!

Candodavid
    Free Member

+1 for Torrent walk

soobalias
    Free Member

when you say quiet…..?

im looking for a campsite to cope with half a dozen blokes on a lads weekend (again mid/north wales, nr riding and a pub for drinking as opposed to food)

GrahamA
    Free Member

I'd recommend Dolgam between the villages of Betws-y-Coed and Capel Curig. Could be where scruzer is suggesting as well.

You can pickup the Marin from just outside the Campsite, ride to Penmachno and there are may natural trails nearby, If you can find a BikeFax guide there are several routes around there as well.

nbt

I'd recommend Bodnant Caravan Park in Llanrwst, just across the bridge from the start of the Marin trail

http://www.bodnant-caravan-park.co.uk/

Mrs NBT and I shall be there this weekend

nbt

No we won't, they're full. Grrr, knew I should have got round to it last week!

thebunk

Thanks all, great help. Let me know where you stay nbt – good luck!

Pook

try Cae Du in Beddgelert

scruzer
    Free Member

Ha! Remembered… Hendrys Campsite and it not Doglam but actually in Betwce y coed 1/4 mile or less from centre on rd to Capel Currig

rkk01
    Free Member

Cymer Abbey, between Dolgellau and CyB is a nice little spot. Fails the pub test though

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Campsite base in North Wales’ is closed to new replies.