Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camping stove/gas question…
  • BFITH
    Free Member

We currently have one of these:

Running of one of these (heavy and bulky):

Is it possible to run my stove from these (below)and if so what do i need to convert and are there any pros and cons to swapping over?

Junkyard
    Free Member

You could with a regulator but madness from.a cost point and possibly safety

mikewsmith
    Free Member

we have a stove running on them, it gets quicker if you leave it in the sun (not because the gas runs quicker)

BFITH
    Free Member

Cannisters are a lot cheaper than the camping gaz cylinders – I paid 22 pounds for a 2.75kg refil recently…cannisters would surely work out cheaper….

Junkyard
    Free Member

would get about 7 kg from calor for that price

How much is a canister then and weight

You would still need a regulator to fit – is th ethread the same as on your larger bottle?

BFITH
    Free Member

£1.25 for 220/250g cannister. I’ve done calor before but theyre just too big and heavy. Would like the option of taking a few of these cannisters in the car and being able to dispose of the cannisters and buy new ones on campsite (or nearest town)…

molgrips
    Free Member

Those Camping Gaz ones come in all shapes and sizes I think – surely some smaller ones?

hammerite
    Free Member

We got a calor bottle as they’re cheaper than Campingaz.

We also bought a stove that ran off the canisters for travelling light, I don’t think it cost much more than £10-15 for the stove and a stack of canisters (4 or 6 can’t remember). It’s like this, stove not as good as the stove running off Calor, but it does the job.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camping stove/gas question…’ is closed to new replies.