• This topic has 5 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by IHN.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Camping stove needed – pierce or click type?
  • cakefest
    Free Member

Looking for a double camping stove for family camping with the car. Any recommendations?

What's best – Pierce or click type cartridges?

Thanks.

IHN
    cakefest
    Free Member

IHN, do i need connectors/regulators etc.? Or is that all I need?

errr…ok, just read the info, none needed. insert can and away you go. thanks.

trail_rat
    Free Member

ihn – thoses are chronically shite … the hi-gear one that is … it looks like the camping gaz one – but is nothing like it in going , yes it heats stuff but in the slowest loosest term of the word – you will think its good till you try the real thing !

IHN

Nope, the canister you're using goes in the stove in one nice self-contained, controllable, non-knock-overable unit. For car camping they're perfect. Obviously, you'll want to take spare canisters, but they last pretty well.

You can buy the canisters in bulk too if you have a look around. I bought a box of 12 from somewhere, Amazon I think.

IHN

Trail-rat – admittedly I've not got a Hi-Gear one, but I've got one that's basically the same design. The Hi-Gear one was just the first that came to me on a quick Google.

I think it's great. Sure, I'm not using it to melt snow on an Alpine Col, but for cooking bacon and making brews it's the nuts.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Camping stove needed – pierce or click type?’ is closed to new replies.