• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mos.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Camping next week , where would you go.?
  • stanfree
    Free Member

I’ve got some time off next week with the wife and kids and had originally thought of a few days up in Arisaig . Unfortunately the weather forecast is fairly honking so It looks like I’ll head south from East Lothian.
    The weather looks ok for North Yorks so bearing that in mind any recommendations on where to go. The coast around Filey and Robin Hoods bay looks pretty nice and as nice as the Lakes are they will be really busy.
    Your help is appreciated folks.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What’s the forecast like for Aviemore?

stanfree
    Free Member

Heavy rain and 5 degrees cooler in Aviemore than Bridlington. 🙁

northernmatt

Robin Hoods Bay will be good, you can take the old railway track up to Whitby or down to Ravenscar/Scarborough if you’re taking the bikes or there’s a hire place in the old train station in Hawsker. Scarborough is a half hour drive away and you’d be quite close to Dalby as well if you can stomach £7 for parking. If you want to go for a nice walk the Hole of Horcum has a circular one around it iirc and easy parking on the main road to Pickering. If the kids want to do a theme park Flamingo Land is about 45mins as well.

Filey, meh.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

Just been to Islay, think the weather was rubbish but was too hammered to notice most of the time. Enjoyed the night’s perambulations from pub to camp site every night though. Sorry not much help if you have kids in tow.

ElShalimo

Northumberland, some nice sites near Embleton and Craster.

Kunstler

I’m watching the forecasts too for similar reason. Eastern Cairngorm might be a goer after Friday’s deluge.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We’re heading to Satterthwaite in ten days, Grizedale campsite. Lovely little campsite, bit basic, just showers and washing facilities but it is cheap. Great natural biking from the site and a nice wee pub a short walk away. Some friends spent a week or two near Whitby last year and loved it. We were thinking of going there but the Lakes were more convenient for the family coming up from Dorset.

stanfree
    Free Member

I’ll have a look Steven , I was thinking about this place and was swaying about taking my road bike as It looks nice and hilly.

mos

I have somehow ended up forking out for a static on the yorks east coast & it’s all i can do to stop myself crying everytime we go. Hell on earth, but GF & daughter loves it due to Gf having so called ‘happy memories’ of ‘family holidays’ from her childhood.
    I just feel like i’m dying faster everytime i get east of York.
    Utter Utter sh1thole of a place.

SAND MAKES MY FEET BLEED.

Go to the lakes or wales instead, i wish i could.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Camping next week , where would you go.?’ is closed to new replies.