Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Camping in wales
  • wiiija
    Free Member

Hi all,

Myself and some of the lads are looking at visiting Wales again this year, last year we stayed with Bikebrechfa and had a great time but only stayed for a couple of nights and only rode the gorlech, raven etc! Unfortunately after contacting them today it seems that their not taking any bookings!

I was looking at other b&b places but someone mentioned that they have a huge tent and it might be fun to camp instead. Can anybody recommend anywhere to camp? Not sure which well known trails we’d like to ride so anywhere near the best of them would be good, looking at 5 days (4 nights).

Cheers 🙂

Sean

stuartkendall
    Free Member

If you want to get away from the trail centres but still be within an hour of Afan or cwmcarn i’d suggest camping at pencelli castle campsite. Its very close to most of the major Brecon/Talybont routes and the facilities are unbeatable. http://www.pencelli-castle.com/

Jimbo
    Free Member

Whilst I’ve been there, this place:

http://www.caegwynfarm.co.uk/

…seems rather nice.

Conor
    Free Member

Stayed near dogl… dogand…dog something. in the middle of wales in the “summer”. Less thatn 45mins from Cody and not to far down to Afan etc. Pretty central to a good few of the best areas, all bar the northern ones anyway.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

You can camp at Afan at both of the sites. Top one has better facilities I think. We stayed there for 3 nights I think, last year. Few midgies about but we shared a fire with a couple of firemen. Good showers if I remember right and I think the cafe is open late a couple of nights and there’s the bike shop too. Bottom site was as on sloping grass field with good views if I remember right but not sure what else is there. I didn’t think the riding was too special though. Bit like they’ve copied Inners, but not as good. I liked the oldest trail most, nice and rooty.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Camping in wales’ is closed to new replies.