Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Camping in UK – late Sept
  • almightydutch
    Free Member

Its about that time of year when Mrs D starts getting excited about what presents I’m going to lavish her with for her upcoming birthday….

Amazingly though, she has expressed an interest at going away, not only just going away, she has said she’d like to try camping for the weekend!!

So I’m here appealing to the masses on advice on what site to visit, we’ll have our little bundle of joy with us but he’s now 3 so pretty easy to sort out but we would like half decent facilities there.

peterfile
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you have anywhere more specific in mind than the “UK”? 🙂

annebr
    Free Member

What sort of UK location are you looking at?

surfer
    Free Member

Quiet site in Ullswater is nice and has a pub onsite. Good facilities and location.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Leave it until the last minute then go where the weather is best.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Sorry yes a bit more detail required…I should know better with you lot.

If we could somehow combine a forest and a beach then it would be perfect, failing that I think Mrs D would prefer somewhere on or near a beach. Not that late September is ideal but there we go.

Good food near by is essential as I don’t want to be cooking ALL weekend.

Main things are child friendly site, good facilities

iolo
    Free Member

Camping in late September?
    Get a room in a travel lodge and turn the bed into a tent

annebr
    Free Member

Dorset and the Isle of Purbeck is always nice IMO.

martinhutch

You should just take her to Centerparcs. She’ll have a much better time that way. 🙂

hora
    Free Member

As far south as possible and/or decide the day before.

jekkyl

St Austell

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Get tickets to Bestival, get her sloshed and have your wicked way with her.

Not late September though.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Camping at the end of September can be very cold unless you get a decent spell of weather. Even then the evenings are chilly. We camped last week in September a few years ago in the lakes and it was bloody freezing.

hora
    Free Member

You should just take her to Centerparcs.

Take her up in centreparcs? 😯

qwerty
    Free Member
    Stoner
    Free Member

http://www.smugglerscoveboatyard.co.uk/

We have purpose-made pitches for between three and five tents depending on size.
    They are located on a plateau just above the high tide line.

They have amazing views and a beach (when the tide is out.)

There are three fireplaces; we have a supply of local seasoned logs on site which you can purchase by the wheelbarrow load.

There is no vehicle access to the camping pitches however we provide a wheelbarrow for you to carry your kit and it’s only a 100m walk.

A shower and two toilets are located near the car parking area.

almightydutch
    Free Member

Done the Centerparcs thing and we’re not rushing back. Not bad for what it is but living on the edge of Cannock Chase we have plenty of trees to walk round. Maybe its more suited to those who choose a city living life and it really is a break from the concrete jungles the live in.
    I don’t mind the cold but then being a biker you just get used to it.

However, this may pose a threat to the existence of Mrs D (so she would have you think anyway) I’ll have to have a good chat with her later on what she is realistically expecting. It may be she is thinking warm summer nights etc which lets face it wont be happening late Sept.

orange_c
    Free Member

Try penrallt campsite on Lleyn penisular, lovely site and owners, kid friendly, and 10 minute walk to a beach (not a sandy one admittedly)

ianfitz
    Free Member

Cae Du farm on the big bend in the coast road north of Tywyn. Beach side camping. Fires allowed. Home reared lamb for sale. Views of llyn peninsula and most of the welsh coast. Watch dolphins from your tent or fireside while the sun sets over the sea.

It’s ok if you like that sort of thing…

hudders
    Free Member

Avon Tyrrell, home of the Big Bike Bash, great value camping, why not book a tipi, more like glamping, plus we might have our Charge Fat bike by then to hire as well at Gone Biking Mad.

hudders
    Free Member

Sorry forgot to say in the New Forest

kja78
    Free Member

I camped at a couple of Youth Hostels this summer. Okehampton, which was nice but probably a bit remote, and Burley in the New Forest. Both had nice indoor shower facilities, self catering kitchens and lounges with TVs. Both also had pretty decent canteens where you could buy a hot meal. Cheap too, about 6 or 7 quid per person per night. Obviously Burley gives you access to the Forest, but also isn’t that far from a few beaches and Moors Valley Forest park is great. Also V nice pub next to hostel

joat

How about one of them there Pod things, getting more widespread and I think some have heating.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I went to FoD and stayed in one of these:

The Dome Garden

It was pretty good. Plus you have an internal log burner and whatnot, and it is right at the top of the final descent to the Verderer’s trail.

franksinatra

Done the Centerparcs thing

Did she not mind? My missus yelps at the suggestion.
    I guess if you ease into things gently it is easier to get used to it.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

If you fancy heading to North Wales then I found a gem of a site last weekend. The owner is very friendly and welcoming and the facilities are excellent very clean and well kept.

[/url]

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Camping in UK – late Sept’ is closed to new replies.