Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Camping in the Peak District
  • CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

I’m looking to get away for 2/3 days this weekend and the best of the weather looks to be in the Peaks.

Can anyone recommend me a decent basic campsite, that’s quiet and picturesque?

Thanks in advance!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

It’s quite big, White Peak or Dark?

ilikebikes
    Free Member

Nice site in Alstonfield, with a good pub in the village. Very pretty, got a sink and bogs and it’s cheap.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MoreCashThanDash

A mate went to Alstonefield the other week and recommended it.

The one just north of Ashbourne off the A515 (Calow Top?) has it’s own brewery apparently….

CHUCKMORR1S
    Free Member

Thanks for the info everyone.

I’ve never been to the Peak District so I have no preference but doesn’t look like I will be going this weekend either with the change in the weather forecast.

I’m not sitting in a tent for three days knowing it’s going to hammer it down.

Muke
    Free Member

UK Campsite.co.uk is a great place to look for all things camping.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Why not move around a little, say one night at Edale campsite (good pub just down the road) do the classic Kinder circuit, then move onto the white peak, say some where around Eyam or maybe over to Hathersage (not sure where the campsites are but there will be some).

Aidy
    Free Member

I quite like the one that’s opposite the youth hostel in Edale.

It’s pretty basic, there’s not that much in the way of facilities (there’s a shower and a washing up sink), but it’s pretty cheap and generally quiet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Camping in the Peak District’ is closed to new replies.